What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dykes move is dependent on another release.

True EEL

Bench
thanks for that Davester......and i wouldn't have minded Keiran Kerr even if he was there just to back up Riddell at hooker or someone else at halfback

and spot on Bartman in that long thread and saying things like "this year should have been the year of development for players like Witt etc"

Witt has been deadset dudded by BS this year time and time again, which again illustrates my point......"its time to go......Brian!!!"

True EEL

Bench
Avenger,

if the PJ Marsh thing now comes true i'll call you Nostral-damas at least :D

but seriously Scoop Peters mentioned it on Sports Tonight last night, gee i hope it happens???????? :?

Pazza

First Grade
Ofcourse PJ is coming! Thats why they havent offically annocced the signing of Morrison on the Eels site. I am sure they will sign a couple of bargin buys aswell. Smith can't live without his pet projects.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, I'm finding it very difficult to find logic in this idiotic decision.

We have two possible combinations, then:

6. Morris
7. Witt

OR the rumour:

6. Marsh
7. Witt

I like the look of them both, but they are hardly seasoned combos.

But they both have a mixture of talent and creativity and feel for the game. And Morris at 5/8 would strengthen the defence. And maybe if we do well he won't be inclined to give away so many dumb penalties.

yy_cheng

Coach
Smith's pet project is like community service. Helping the helpless...

It makes him feel better at night

William Hung

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Well, I'm finding it very difficult to find logic in this idiotic decision.

We have two possible combinations, then:

6. Morris
7. Witt

OR the rumour:

6. Marsh
7. Witt

I think it'll more likely be

6. Morris
7. Marsh

14. Utility player

Witt will be battling to make the top grade again next year based on this years performances. Too slow both in terms of acceleration and between the ears. He can't read the game. Someone has gotta teach him quickly in the off season.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't really think that's an issue.

He did a good job in his debut season, and he has shown he can be deceptively quick (Tigers try, last year against the Eagles).

If he trains the house down this off season, and has the right attitude, he should get first crack.

True EEL

Bench
well if Witt is given a decent go this weekend and until season's end he has an opportunity to cement his spot in the team and at halfback, even if PJ does come back

although having said that.....if PJ does come back, then he may take up one of the halves positions possibly with Witt (first choice) or Morris (second choice)

i have an inkling that Morris may find himself on the bench as our utility player behind Riddell, especially if PJ does infact return and perhaps this is why he seemed so shirty about playing hooker and talking about being a starter????

The Colonel

Immortal
I actually think PJ would be the better option from the bench especially with his neck injury - at least to start the year. He can play hooker, five eight and half, is a more explosive player than Morris to an extent and against a tiring defence would tear holes from anywhere. Morris or Marsh could play hooker if Riddell was given a break...

Stagger eel

Staff member
If the Marsh situation comes top fruition, I'm expecting him to where the number 7 and be the MAN!! so to speak. Morris will be five-eight with maybe Witt working off the bench.

yy_cheng

Coach
I agree Colonel, but I reckon Witt is the one who would be left out if PJ came back assuming he is 100% fit. Even if he plays well for the rest of this year, he'll probably need to fix something up in PL first.

Furthermore, you tend not to sign a "BIG NAME" and put him on the bench.

Smith will opt for

6. Morris 7. PJ

for mine.

True EEL

Bench
i tend to agree with you Colonel,

especially at the start of the year as he works back into things - however he has come a long way since leaving us and is a rep player and may not fancy staying on the bench all the time

and having said all that i'm flip flopping as i also can see your point eelevation

PJ could come back and be the man playing at either 5/8 or half??????

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I always thought PJ would be recruited as a bench player, because that what he was so good at.

Riddell at 9, Witt and 7, Morris at 6, and PJ at 14, was always the idea I thought.

I could not see him being used any other way.

True EEL

Bench
tend to agree twizzle....certainly early on

but as i said he is or has been a rep player and may be expected to play a bigger role than just off the bench or maybe in time he will

but hey.....he has to sign with us first :oops: