What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DYKES - Told ya so mates!

tanka

Juniors
Well, with the round table that I sit with round these Kellyville parts, I've always caught the bloody schooner bill when dykesy's gotten smashed.

I found out the result earlier but was close to exploding with joyous laughter watchin the lads on the old idiot box at the pub this day.

The second half of course the lads and myself were jumping up and down like screamin monkeys everytime the ball was dropped.

We were almost close to insanity! Cheering 'carn' when them broncos dropped the ball and 'aw'ed with shame and frustration when our boys lost the ball.

We almost tore the whole bloody place up with the video refs inconsitent calls. These boys need some sort of structure.

The commentators on nine were great also (yes I"m that happy)

Good first half... Ugly and tough Dogfigh on the second..

hopkins looked to have a shocker of an injury ot his eye hope the young fella pulls through...

CHEERS!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Penalties - easy the Eels get an AVO against Simpkins ruling he can't come within 10 km's of any match involving Parramatta.

dropped ball is another matter

tanka

Juniors
I guess I'll put it down to he 'humidity' (this will give the boys a week to work on ball skills as humidity will not save them next week! lol)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
Dykes at half is a lot better then Witt at half IMO.

I wouldnt write Witt off, he'll be back in first grade with a lot of confidence.

I think Dykes will be used as a play making five eighth, however I think the combination between Witt and Dykes will be rotated at half and five eighth most of the season.

tanka

Juniors
aye, I'd agree to that... I reckon we shouldn't snob witty off just yet...

if dykes keeps the same form if or when he gets returned to his natural 5/8 spot and witt comes back as the phenom that he's lookin to be, we'd have a blinder of a combo... this is cornerstone material here...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I just think we need a player like Dykes who takes the line on...Witt doesn't do this enough & while Dykes is in form we shouldn't change a win/win situation.

Pazza

First Grade
Witt hasnt played that much First grade, when Witt has played 150 FG games then we can compare him to Dykes. I think Dykes needs assitant out there and Pai, Witt or Thorman could be that assitant.

tanka

Juniors
whilst I totally agree with RJ, I still think that Dykes at half cannot do it for the season.

With the shortage on 5/8 (not fully sold on wags being 5/8) I reckon, we should fill that gap up as doing this will open up avenues (on the flip side of things though, it could totally screw it up)!

Having said that though, I'm not makin a call on what works and what doesn't just yet, but I definately think that DYKES is going to be a star for us this year.

Munky

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
Could this be the season for Adam Dykes, the same one he produced in 2001?

Unfortunately for you guys, he doesn't have Presto alongside him to take on some of the workload.

Chipmunk

Coach
Although I havent seen Thorman play I have heard he has been doing some good things in Premier League. I would put him on the bench for Webster and bring him on so we can use Dykes more from Dummy Half. He has been making easy metres from there in the last couple of weeks

thedux

Juniors
There's no reason BS won't eventually go into the game with Witt, Thorman and Dykes and just rotate them throughout the game much like he did with Drew, Marsh and Taylor in 2001.

Chipmunk

Coach
thedux said:
There's no reason BS won't eventually go into the game with Witt, Thorman and Dykes and just rotate them throughout the game much like he did with Drew, Marsh and Taylor in 2001.

Well, two of those players in 2001 were dangerous out of dummy half. I dont know if Thorman or Witt would be the same out of dummy half as a Drew or PJ

Avenger

Immortal
Dykes is reminding me of a 98 model Jason Smith. Half the time I think not even Dykesy knows what he is going to do next. I like it though.