What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dykes/Witt?? what are ure thoughts?

WA Eel

Juniors
The problem with Witt and Dykes is they play as individuals rather than as a combination. Hopefully it's something that will come with time, but even at the end of last year when Dykes came back, him and Witt just don't seem to work off each other.

Still, I'd rather have our Witt than the other one any day of the week.

Big congratulations to Michael Witt on his goal kicking - particularly that sideline conversion off Ashley Graham's try.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Is it me, or did I see the solution in front of me and it seems as though we still want to make it difficult for ourselves?

I'm going to Rock your world here with this solution, so brace yourselves!

Dykes at 6 Witt at 7

that wasn't hard was it?

Suitman

Post Whore
Parraren said:
To be completely blunt, I thought they were very ordinary. Dykes was still running sideways and getting smashed and we are still lacking direction and organisation. Dykes still looks like a 5/8th trying to be a halfback. Witt looked lost and wasn't involved enough. We were worse than Under 6's on our last tackle options, often getting caught with the ball. That is unacceptable and is happening far too often in all of our games. It was good to get the win but our halves were as bad as they have been in the last 5 weeks.

And.....Phillips also said that our last tackle options were a disgrace.

How true.

We are being coached very poorly at present.
It is extremely obvious in our plays.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
Is it me, or did I see the solution in front of me and it seems as though we still want to make it difficult for ourselves?

You are so right.

The regimented coaching is lame.

And.....your choices aren't that unusual. Its just that King Smith is either desperate, or trying to be clever.
Suity

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Mr suitman is pushing an agenda.
Good luck to you.
Brian smith will turn u guys around once he gets the right front rowers.
Then it will be you who have misread what is going on.
I guess you will look a bit silly at your protest march next week.

Parraren

Bench
..actually Greg Alexander (who I have enormous respect for as a player, person and commentator) said on Fox during the game that when a side is going through a difficult period the best thing to do is to go back to the basics and just play your best players in their natural positions and Dykes is a natural 5/8th. Alexander and Freeman (who is a goose) both agreed that Dykes is not an organising half and that's where he struggles.

Dykes has been quoted as saying Smith is trying to get him to change his playing style and based on what we've seen over the past 6 weeks it ain't working.

Suitman

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
Good luck to you.

I'll push my agendas on this board thankyou.

As for a protest march, ask channel 10 about that. No. one around here seems to know anything about it.

And, my biggest laugh is that Brian Smith bought ALL the front rowers he wanted this season.

Fat lot of good they have done.

Come back Sharkboy when your facts are straighter.

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bravo lads!

Hold your heads up high! You did us all incredibly proud!

Herculean effort!

Sure, it wasn't their best footy - and that's exciting. They played with heart, passion, corage and determination.

When they gel, they'll be singing!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
In how many wins would u like me to come back?

& Brian Smith missed the two front rowers he wanted.
He got what he could get.
Man do you know anything about your club?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
One thing Brian Smith has not improved on is Burts tackling technique. It is still wrong.
He is a double edeged sword for you guys.
Can be great when the team is going well, but he won't turn around a teams fortunes when it is going bad, in fact he could make things worse. Like tonight, he missed 40 % of his tackles. & his mate Graham the same.

Suitman said:
blacktip-reefy said:
Good luck to you.

I'll push my agendas on this board thankyou.

As for a protest march, ask channel 10 about that. No. one around here seems to know anything about it.

And, my biggest laugh is that Brian Smith bought ALL the front rowers he wanted this season.
Fat lot of good they have done.

Come back Sharkboy when your facts are straighter.

Suity

and where are they now?

are injuries Brians fault as well?

pfft

HAVEFAITHBOYS

Juniors
wow.... thats alot of replies on this post... damn...and some hostility..

haha and here i was hopping to get a couple of replies...

no but srsly...suitman.... over my ample posting...of 20 or whatever...

ive never said fire dykes... if anything ive always believed that dykes will come good and fire for us soon... my attitude hasnt changed due to a win.. dykes wasnt at his best... but iam hoping he is a long term investment.. he shouldnt be let go b4 the end of his contract...

i also believe that brian smith is a good coach... he should not be let go..

i will laugh at all the people if brian brings it home with parra into the top 8...

ill go over all the i hate brian topics and give it all of em for not having the heart to follow ure club through thick and thin... firing coachs is not the way...

i wrote a post about how we dont have loyalty at our club... one of the reason why players leave our clubs for others... if we fire our coach... whatever shread of loyalty left will be gone with it...

the core players are all supportive of brian.. they know what he can do... the club has to build on this support from hindy cayless etc and build a culture of loyalty and pride.. similar to what the roosters have.. with this comes the premierships and big wins.. and the energy we saw tonight..

cheers

drtymnd

Juniors
The main thing was that Witt moved into the first receiver/halfback pos in the second half. Also when Hopkins went into dummy half the service was crisper, he would pass from the moment he picked up the ball, rather than what Morris does, bring up the ball to his chest, and then passing. We gained yardage and field position from that.

The last tackle should be left to Dykes/Morris, as it was Witt who was caught on the last so often. Let Witt take control of the first 3/4 tackles.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
drtymnd said:
than what Morris does, bring up the ball to his chest, and then passing. We gained yardage and field position from that.
Interesting. I hadn't noticed that.

But, you are better seved by Morris being there. His DHR stats are good metres.

Utey

Coach
Suity your wrong in my opinion. Dykes has always played well and was in hot form this season until he was changed. Dykes is a great player and being 1st reciever instead of second isnt not that much different. He has charater to really lead and organise the team. I think his game and kicking was superb and there is no need for orford. jus quality players around Dykes

redeel

Juniors
honestly btreefy, you've got a lot of gall comming on here stating "what do you know about your team' obviously a hell of a lot more than you will ever realise. we've had one win comming off 5 loses and you seem to think all your opinions are correct, and allothers are not. lets see how far up we climb b4 you go spouting that bs will turn it around for us, the guy blew a pmship and has given us nothing but misery for nearly 3 yrs and has admitted we played shit for 2yrs, look at the big picture mate , dont get over joyed from a single win :oops:

Latest posts