What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA Sports Rugby 2005

-JJ-

Juniors
Goleel said:
Hard mode still makes rucks ridiculously hard to win, you can't recycle posession at all.
That depends where you are. If you're inside your own 22 then it is virtually impossibly to recycle. If you can get out of there, and keep it close to your forwards you can recycle (depending on who you're playing with, and who your opponent is). Also, keep an eye on your momentum bar (by the score). If it gets bigger for you it is easier to maintain possession. I'm finding hard mode fun now.

Kicking is easy to do but broken, kicks don't get enough distance unless in side view mode, which is an absolute joke.
I've found kicking ok with Classic 2. Having a good kicker really helps. Just have a game with Andrew Mehrtens as the main kicker, makes a huge difference.

I've copped a few penalties, although I think all of them are penalty tries when they collapse scrums close to the line. Never offside, never with hands in the ruck, basically penalties only exist for your team. Joke.
Yeah, the penalties are quite lame. AI needs to get offside, have hands in the ruck etc. And dangerous tackles need to be implemented. They've got the animations, but just need to have high, late and air tackle penalties added.

It get's better as you play it more.

Paullyboy

Coach
Thats true, it definately gets better the more you play it.

Here's a question, has anyone ever been able to pull off a shoulder barge or fend? I tried it a 1000 times and ended up getting nothing so gave up. I cant even get the sidestep to work. I dont even bother with that stick on the controller anymore.

Phillips

Referee
^^^^^
all the time, sidesteps are easy to do when you get the hang of it

but i reckon they should have made the L2 & R2 buttons for side stepping & fending

-JJ-

Juniors
I've only managed one side step ever in an actual game. Came up to the full back who was standing on the try line and ran around him easily (although I was tackled by a covering defender, but I scored the try).

Fends work for often, but by the time I've done the fend another defender is on to me.

Shoulder barges haven't really worked for me.

Matt M

Juniors
I just bought the game and it is pretty good, the best thing is it looks and feels like Rugby Union, unlike basically all other rugby games.

Phillips

Referee
the camera angles & the kicking style from this game should be looked at by the producers of the NRL game [-o<

Monkey

Juniors
Phillips said:
the camera angles & the kicking style from this game should be looked at by the producers of the NRL game [-o&lt, post: [/quote"]

1) the camera angles are not much different and defo no better than NRL

2) the kickin is shite on rugby. drop goals are about right, place kicks are crap, same with open kicking, dont mind grubbers too much, but its all too rushed

Matt M

Juniors
I think the kicking has the right idea, but it takes too long so you can't get a big or long kick away.

From playing it so far I give it a 6/10, its good but nothing great. Too repetitive.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
The problem is that everything is kinda small so when kicking it looks like the ball hasnt gone too far..

But most times the kick is usually around 30m which is kinda low anyway.

Paullyboy

Coach
I play X Box and you have to use a gamepad stick thing to do a step, and you have to do it at 90 degrees or some crap, i swear if you dont hit at the perfect angle it doesnt work.

Ah well ill keep trying

Matt M

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
I play X Box and you have to use a gamepad stick thing to do a step, and you have to do it at 90 degrees or some crap, i swear if you dont hit at the perfect angle it doesnt work.

Ah well ill keep trying

It works really well on PS2. I think the controls are fantastic.

Multiplayer is heaps of fun too.

Latest posts