What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early Grand Final Tips

Who will win the Grand Final?

• Collingwood Magpies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dougie

Juniors
What does everyone think? Will Brisbane get the historic Threepeat, or will the Pies get their first flag since 1990?

Personally i think that the Lions were clinical last night, and showed that despite what many pundits believe, even with Voss only 70% fit, they are still the team to beat.

The Pies will trail early, Brisbane like to set a cracking pace, and if the Pies are to win, it will be by outlasting the Lions in the last two quarters.

My Tip......

Brisbane by 24 Points

meltiger

First Grade
Pies have only lost one game since the mid season break... To Brisbane in Melbourne...

Lions by 10

Collingwoods hopes are going to rest on the tribunal tomorrow or Tuesday night, Rocca goes and they are no hope.

Dougie

Juniors
meltiger said:
Collingwoods hopes are going to rest on the tribunal tomorrow or Tuesday night, Rocca goes and they are no hope.

i wholeheartedly agree. If the tribunal is consistent, they will out Rocca for AT LEAST two weeks, should be more, his offence was worse than Fletcher's. If the tribunal cite the fact that it was a "Finals match" then im gunna be spewing. The tribunal set a precident with Fletch, and now they have to follow it.

meltiger

First Grade
Dougie said:
meltiger said:

i wholeheartedly agree. If the tribunal is consistent, they will out Rocca for AT LEAST two weeks, should be more, his offence was worse than Fletcher's. If the tribunal cite the fact that it was a "Finals match" then im gunna be spewing. The tribunal set a precident with Fletch, and now they have to follow it.

lol

You really do think Fletch is incapable of doing something dirty don't you?

For mine the question is... Was the player hurt? The precedent was set last week when they basically said Lade would have been suspended if Hird got injured.......

Dougie

Juniors
meltiger said:
Dougie said:
meltiger said:

lol

For mine the question is... Was the player hurt? The precedent was set last week when they basically said Lade would have been suspended if Hird got injured.......

No i dont think Fletch isnt capable of doing something dirty. What really pisses me off is the fact that it's a finals match FFS, its supposed to be tougher, more physical, with players putting their body on the line. But as soon as someone so much as sneezes in the wrong direction, (unless its a pies player of course.....) then the judiciary are all over them like a rash.

meltiger

First Grade
Dougie said:
meltiger said:
Dougie said:
meltiger said:

lol

No i dont think Fletch isnt capable of doing something dirty. What really pisses me off is the fact that it's a finals match FFS, its supposed to be tougher, more physical, with players putting their body on the line. But as soon as someone so much as sneezes in the wrong direction, (unless its a pies player of course.....) then the judiciary are all over them like a rash.

Then how do you explain the Lade decision (In him not being a Pie player but getting off)? By his own admission was playing the man not the ball, kneeing someone in the ribcage is pretty bad, I could cop him getting off as Staff did if he was playing the ball not the man, but you look at the shot and he was clearly playing the man.... Just as Rocca was yesterday... If the Port player isn't injured (Don't know if he is or isn't) ... Then the precedent has been set... He should get off.

& they rubbed Cloke out of a GF last eyar, they cannot possibly be that biased towards the Pies. I think your getting your teams mixed up.... Lloyd's one week suspensions for head butts won't be forgotten easilly...

Dougie

Juniors
meltiger said:
Dougie said:
meltiger said:
Dougie said:
meltiger said:

lol

Then how do you explain the Lade decision (In him not being a Pie player but getting off)? By his own admission was playing the man not the ball, kneeing someone in the ribcage is pretty bad, I could cop him getting off as Staff did if he was playing the ball not the man, but you look at the shot and he was clearly playing the man.... Just as Rocca was yesterday... If the Port player isn't injured (Don't know if he is or isn't) ... Then the precedent has been set... He should get off.

& they rubbed Cloke out of a GF last eyar, they cannot possibly be that biased towards the Pies. I think your getting your teams mixed up.... Lloyd's one week suspensions for head butts won't be forgotten easilly...

ok - let me rephrase....all i ask of the judiciary is for some CONSISTENCY....if the judiciary was consistent, there would be no need to have this argument. IMHO, it doesnt matter if the player was injured, it should only matter whether there was a reasonable chance that he could have been endangered by the offenders actions......

meltiger

First Grade
Dougie said:
meltiger said:
Dougie said:
meltiger said:
Dougie said:
meltiger said:

lol

ok - let me rephrase....all i ask of the judiciary is for some CONSISTENCY....if the judiciary was consistent, there would be no need to have this argument. IMHO, it doesnt matter if the player was injured, it should only matter whether there was a reasonable chance that he could have been endangered by the offenders actions......

For the record.... I agree, it shouldn't make any difference at all.

However they clearly did draw a line in the sand last week when they made it abundantly clear that if Hird had been injured... A suspension would have been given.

In saying that... I think Anthony will go anyway lol ;-)

chileman

Coach
Morning meltiger....hows Melbourne treating you amigo???
Well now my Swannies are out and Rocca decided to be the goose he is...I would have to put my money on the Lions....it's going to be unbearable living up here if they win 3 in a row :roll:

I think the Lions will win...but having tipped Port and Sydney for the preliminaries, I think that probably means you should all put your money on the Pies. :lol:

Unfortunately, I think the Magpies will win this one. Jeez I hope they don't, it will make Melbourne a painful place to be for the next six months...

I going to be at a party full of Essendon supporters on Saturday, so I'm going to have to listen to them whinge about salary cap concessions all day anyway.

meltiger

First Grade
TheFirstRabbitoh said:
I going to be at a party full of Essendon supporters on Saturday, so I'm going to have to listen to them whinge about salary cap concessions all day anyway.

Any self respecting Bomber is not going to cheer the Pies... So I wouldn't think for that one day the concessions will bother them too much ;-) lol

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Any self respecting Bomber is not going to cheer the Pies... So I wouldn't think for that one day the concessions will bother them too much ;-) lol

I shouldn't think that many self-respecting VIC AFL fans would be cheering the Pies, full-stop.

You can talk National Competition all you like, and people like Sheedy can whip themselves into a delusional frenzy about VICs vs the rest, but at the end of the day old passions flare the hottest...

Go the Lions, although I'm hoping that it'll be a good tight contest regardless...

CyberKev

Is there a don't care button because i don't want the Carringbush(Another Name for Collingwood) to Win and i don't want Brisbane to get 3 in the Row!!!.

I gotta a bad feeling that Eddie-wood might get on Saturday with or without Rocca. The Lions are carrying a few injuried players and I think the Pies will get up.

Please god I hope I'm wrong though because there's nothing I'd llike to see more is to see that smug grin wiped off Eddie's face once again.

Dougie

Juniors
Up the mighty Phins said:
Please god I hope I'm wrong though because there's nothing I'd llike to see more is to see that smug grin wiped off Eddie's face once again.

Stuff the smug look on Eddies face.....i just want to see Buckley and Malthouse crying again!!!

Dougie

Juniors
meltiger said:
TheFirstRabbitoh said:

It doesnt matter who they're playing, i'll always cheer for whoever is playing Collingwood (even if it is Richmond or Carlton ;))

And you'r right about concessions not bothering us much on Saturday....but on Sunday - now thats a different matter ;)