What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early Origin Predictions??

Blu`

Juniors
Pazza said:
Grothe was the Dally M winger of the year. I dont see you rewarding him

If Grothe didn't get a run in front of Tahu last year, he isn't going to this year. Im a Parra supporter, don't you think i'd love to see Grothe running around for NSW?

Blu`

Juniors
ParraAds said:
Best?? common....theres quite a few guys in front of him, hes quick...but theres not much else to his game.

He has great ball handling skills too, he's a much better player after coming back from the UK. Who are these people in front on him you speak of?

damo72

Juniors
My sides

New South Wales

1. Minichello
2. King
3. Gasnier
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Barret
7. Gower
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. O'Meley
11. Hindmarsh
12. Simpson
13. Fitzgibbon

14. O'Donnell
15. Mason
16. Wing
17. Menzies

Queensland

1. Matt Bowen
2. Greg Inglis
3. Steve Bell
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Jonathon Thurston
8. Ben Ross
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Michael Crocker
12. Carl Webb
13. Dallas Johnson

14. PJ Marsh
15. Shane Tronc
16. Sam Thaiday or Michael Luck
17. David Stagg

dazeely

First Grade
Tate hasn't played all year. Sub him for Sing IMO.

NSW needs another front row on the bench. Keep only one of O'Donnell & Menzies as I see them playing a similar role.

parra pete

Referee
damo72 said:
My sides

New South Wales

1. Minichello
2. King
3. Gasnier
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Barret
7. Gower
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. O'Meley
11. Hindmarsh
12. Simpson
13. Fitzgibbon

14. O'Donnell
15. Mason
16. Wing
17. Menzies

Queensland

1. Matt Bowen
2. Greg Inglis
3. Steve Bell
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Jonathon Thurston
8. Ben Ross
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Michael Crocker
12. Carl Webb
13. Dallas Johnson

14. PJ Marsh
15. Shane Tronc
16. Sam Thaiday or Michael Luck
17. David Stagg

That two are specials

parra pete

Referee
Try this Queensland team for size
1 Lockyer
2 Inglis
3 Bell
4 Hodges
5 Sing
6 Thurston
7 Prince
8 Matt Scott
9 C Smith
10 Petero
11 Mick Crocker
12 Stagg
13 Dallas Johnson
14 Bowen,
15 Webb
16 Ross
17 ??

parra pete said:
1 Lockyer
2 Inglis
3 Bell
4 Hodges
5 Sing
6 Thurston
7 Prince
8 Matt Scott
9 C Smith
10 Petero
11 Mick Crocker
12 Stagg
13 Dallas Johnson
14 Bowen,
15 Webb
16 Ross
17 ??

Matt Scott can be a bolter on the bench but not to start. I would not start Ben Ross..he is more effective off the bench.

Not Stagg...Origin will eat him up.

Craig Smith has played for Queensland before?????

dazeely said:
Tate hasn't played all year. Sub him for Sing IMO.

NSW needs another front row on the bench. Keep only one of O'Donnell & Menzies as I see them playing a similar role.

Captain my Captain...they can throw who they like at us....will still be 3-0 to us.

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

parra pete

Referee
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Matt Scott can be a bolter on the bench but not to start. I would not start Ben Ross..he is more effective off the bench.

Not Stagg...Origin will eat him up.

Craig Smith has played for Queensland before?????

I'm not too sure of the 12, 17....or Inglis on the wing. Webb will come off the bench, and Scott will be in the 17 somewhere...(Sssssh)

parra pete said:
I'm not too sure of the 12, 17....or Inglis on the wing. Webb will come off the bench, and Scott will be in the 17 somewhere...(Sssssh)

I like the sound of Webb, Ross and Scott off the bench. Tronc and Petero to start.

ParraAds

Juniors
Blu` said:
He has great ball handling skills too, he's a much better player after coming back from the UK. Who are these people in front on him you speak of?

King, Tahu, Grothe....theres 3 for a start....unless u want 4 wingers picked?

parra pete

Referee
parra pete said:
1 Lockyer
2 Inglis
3 Bell
4 Hodges
5 (Sing)..scratched......
6 Thurston
7 Prince
8 Matt Scott
9 C Smith
10 Petero
11 Mick Crocker (certainty)
12 ?????
13 Dallas Johnson (certainty)
14 Bowen,
15 Webb
16 Ross
17 ??

Meninga issues Lockyer ultimatum
By Steve Ricketts
25apr06

QUEENSLAND coach Mal Meninga says he cannot guarantee Australia captain Darren Lockyer the Maroons' five-eighth spot for this year's State of Origin series even if Lockyer plays there in Friday week's trans-Tasman Test in Brisbane.

Meninga warned that players could be selected out of position for Queensland, and they must be prepared to accept the challenge, as the Maroons look to regain the Origin title they surrendered in 2003.

Meninga's comment offers the strongest hint yet that he and the Queensland selectors are considering Scott Prince and Johnathan Thurston as the halves, with Lockyer at fullback.Lockyer reportedly has been assured by Australia coach Ricky Stuart he will play five-eighth against New Zealand at Suncorp Stadium on Friday week, despite earlier speculation he would be switched to fullback, with Anthony Minichiello on the wing.

Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett made the big call to switch Lockyer from fullback to five-eighth in 2004, since when the player has enthusiastically embraced the challenge.

He has played nine Tests for Australia at five-eighth for eight wins, the highlight a stunning performance in the 2004 Tri-Nations final against Great Britain, which the Kangaroos won 44-4.

Lockyer missed last year's 24-0 loss to New Zealand in the Tri-Nations final because of injury.

The Australia team for the Brisbane Test will be named on Sunday night.

The Queensland and New South Wales teams for the Origin series opener in Sydney on May 24 will be named on May 15.

Meninga said yesterday the Queensland selectors would choose players they felt would come together as a strong unit to counter what shapes as a star-studded NSW side.

"I don't want to get into a debate about the make-up of the side and I've got an open mind about selections," he said.

"But wherever players are selected, I expect them to be happy to go out and do the job for Queensland.

"A lot of great players over the years have been chosen out of position.

"I'm not guaranteeing anyone a position. In the case of Darren Lockyer, he could be five-eighth or he might not be five-eighth."

Lockyer played five-eighth with North Queensland star Thurston at halfback in last year's Origin series, but there is a school of thought that Prince would offer more than the Broncos star in terms of organisation.

The thopught of having all three players in the starting 13 seems an attractive proposition, but such a scenario would see Lockyer moving to fullback - a switch he would not enjoy after becoming settled at five-eighth.

Former Test centre Meninga meanwhile believes Broncos centre Justin Hodges should be chosen for Australia.

However, he acknowledged the possible difficulty associated with switching Hodges to the left side of the field because Mark Gasnier probably deserved to be right centre.

"Hodges, Gasnier, Matt Gidley, Steve Bell and Paul Bowman have been in great form," Meninga said.

Mal must read this forum. :lol: