What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early Ticket Sale Indicators

pretty disappointing if only 12,500 seats sold for the storm game still over 5,000 seats left....at 6pm last night there was only 9,000 left for pies v dogs at the 'G on sunday out of 90,000+ tickets

JK

Collingwood Storm said:
pretty disappointing if only 12,500 seats sold for the storm game still over 5,000 seats left....at 6pm last night there was only 9,000 left for pies v dogs at the 'G on sunday out of 90,000+ tickets

Take you d!ck and eat it elsewhere.

Collingwood Storm said:

Forget about the other game, they'll always pack it in regardless.

With 2 days to go, and with walk-ups on the day, it would seem that Olympics Park could sell-out (18K capacity i think???). Thats if this 12.5K figure is correct.

Also, did I read in these forums somewhere that this game is being shown live into Melbourne???? If so, thats not bad exposure, and about bloody time.

Ice777

Bench
Bring back John Fifita said:
Forget about the other game, they'll always pack it in regardless.

With 2 days to go, and with walk-ups on the day, it would seem that Olympics Park could sell-out (18K capacity i think???). Thats if this 12.5K figure is correct.

Also, did I read in these forums somewhere that this game is being shown live into Melbourne???? If so, thats not bad exposure, and about bloody time.

Yep the game is being shown live here. That's a good thing, but at the same time it's going up against the Pies v Dogs game. While it'll never out rate the AFL, hopefully it can put up some resepctable figures.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Update on Broncos from ticketek.com.au

Availability:
gold Limited seats only
maroon Single seats only
blue Single seats only
blue unlic Single seats only
white Single seats only
white unlic Single seats only
away team bay Alloc. Exhausted

I am also suprised that the AFL is not on live in to melbourne... Every other game seems to be... The Storm finally get a game at a decent hour and its going to get murdered!

JK

Ice777 said:
You'd know i guess. 90% of Sydney fans are fairweather fans :sarcasm:

It's the curse of having a sport look so good on TV. Why sit in rain when the couch is so comfortable.

Not my idea of watching league, but for many this is the ideal situation. :(

Ice777

Bench
JK said:
It's the curse of having a sport look so good on TV. Why sit in rain when the couch is so comfortable.

Not my idea of watching league, but for many this is the ideal situation. :(

I can understand that people don't want to sit in the rain but it doesn't rain every week does it? Where are the decent crowds week in week out when the weather is perfect? I reckon the "league looks good on tv argument" is the biggest cop out going and it's used far too often to justify the poor crowds that that rugby league get more often than not. If you go back through the history of league and well before they broadcast every game you'll see the crowds have never been great.

It's not like when Foxtel came along which show most games that crowds sharply declined, they may have gone down a bit i'm guessing but the crowds weren't that big in the first place. I have no doubt people in NSW love their club, but for some reason a fair share of people just don't turn up to see them. There are many many sports that look great on tv but they don't have problems attracting people to the games. I'm not having a crack or being smart, i'd love nothing more than for crowd numbers to go up across the board and i just wish the people would get off their arses and get to the games that's all. That includes Storm supporters.

JK

I can only speak from what I see and know - I have no studies to back it up. When talking about the game on Saturday a lot of people are watching it on TV instead of risking a cold wet night.

Sure, they would probably have only watched it on TV anyway but that is their reason.

I've already got my tix to the game. I still think we can crack 30,000 for it though.

ouwet

Bench
JK said:
I can only speak from what I see and know - I have no studies to back it up. When talking about the game on Saturday a lot of people are watching it on TV instead of risking a cold wet night.

Sure, they would probably have only watched it on TV anyway but that is their reason.

I've already got my tix to the game. I still think we can crack 30,000 for it though.

I doubt it mate... The weather today is shocking... Been raining heavily all morning.

Moffo

Referee
its pissing down where i am, i can't see outside the front door!

ill still be going though

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
23,900 Is my prediction. Our average will still be 32,300 from three games, which is excellent.

That's provided Suncorp gets 50k

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Any of you doggies blokes want to catch up for a beer (coke for the desos) at the game?

Latest posts