Early tip: Sandow won't see out his contract

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Avenger, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Coach

We should have "retired" the Parramatta number 7 jumper when Sterlo retired. I wonder if the NRL would even let you do that? Perhaps our halfback could always wear 18?

2. IFR33K

IFR33K First Grade

Not sure if serious, but gambling problems create as much headache for families as drugs and alcohol.

3. Maroubra Eel

Maroubra Eel Coach

Yes serious on this occasion. I won't go into details but I can relate to it.

4. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

In some cases mate it can be even worse. I know someone who has lost the lot and his family. No one knew he even had a problem until it was far too late.

5. Gazzamatta

Gazzamatta First Grade

The beginning of the end. Duty of care and all that. You can lead a horse to water etc. How many times does the club have to try to sort this out.
    So Chrissy has a great time at Port. His head is now in the right place. He keeps gambling but now its controlled. Yada yada yada.
    $550k a season to play a game. Who wouldn't love to be in such a position,Tough life. He has God given talent, takes the money but provides nothing for it. I am as sympathetic as the next bloke but this is crazy stuff.
    Stop gambling and learn to f****n tackle and you will be surprised how good life is. Stop having others sort out your problems.
    Time for tough love Parra,

6. Daneel

Daneel Bench

Bulldogs retired the no. 6 jersey in respect of terry lamb. However it was super league and you could pick what ever no. you liked. Needless to say when super league was over the bulldogs brought the no. 6 out of retirement

7. born an eel

born an eel Bench

there's 12 other players developing addictions now so the club will look after them and their family

8. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

One year back in the day, Canberra had issues with every player who wore the number 13 jersey getting injured. They asked the NRL if they could retire the jersey and were told no.

9. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Coach

I actually dont mind the Super League/ AFL/ most other sports around the world concept where players have their own number. I think given today where players change positions all time, even through a match, that the numbering system is just pointless.

10. forward pass

forward pass Coach

I personally find this to be a very poor quote from the chairman. Why did he need to tell the public that? It is no-ones f**king business that he owes money.

11. Maroubra Eel

Maroubra Eel Coach

I like the bit about rubbing two sticks together. I'd love to be able to do that. I can just picture Sandow lighting the fireplace up each night.

12. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

Hope they don't take his kids off him.

13. Bigfella

Bigfella Coach

I'd also like to hear the Chairman comment on any sexually transmitted diseases he might have.

If he uses a clolorful expression I'm sure no one will find it a breach of confidentiality.

14. Bigfella

Bigfella Coach

Maybe that's why he's been sent to the indiginous retreat.

Surely they would do a bit of stick-rubbing before meals and stuff there?

15. oldmancraigy

oldmancraigy Coach

Yes, I didn't find that comment racist in the slightest.

At least we know the real reason why Sandow is playing for Wenty. Because Sharpie is so racist that he wants him to play for a team with a certain colour on the jersey.

When will he learn????

16. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

In his defence, the rub two sticks together comment isnt to my knowledge derogatory to any particular culture. I have heard it many times before.

17. Maroubra Eel

Maroubra Eel Coach

Yeah it's fine. It's just the old saying about not having two bits of tin to rub together, and he's adapted that saying for a black fella. You know because that's how they light fires and stuff. Just a play on words.

18. forward pass

forward pass Coach

I wasn't referring to the 'two sticks' comment. I was referring to the chairman revealaing private monetary issues of one of his players to the public. Disgraceful.

19. Avenger

Avenger Referee

Sharp is a moron for airing that shit in public. That alone deserves two strikes. Amateur hour.

20. Utey

Utey Coach

Meh, I don't mind that he said that. Public shame never hurt anyone.