What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie and Stevo

Mr Saab

Referee
Fairleigh Good! said:
They are entertaining and are bang on about Cunningham.

I have probably watched every match of his professional career and can comfortably say he's the best hooker I've ever seen play the game.

even better than tolsen tollett?

JJ

Immortal
I loved the summing up...

"Well, I guess we can say NZ deserved their win..." NO SH*T SHERLOCK!!!

As for Cunningham, yeah, he's better than Tollett... Best ever - no, he was outplayed by Motu Tony, I thought...

When he's 100% fit he's very very good, but Steve Walters was very very good for a bloody long time

screeny

Bench
I have watched all the Tri Nations games on Sport +, a French channel. The commentator, Rodolphe Pires, is absolutely fantastic, enthusiastic and charming. Eddie and Stevo are offensive to the ear and brain.

Thomas

First Grade
oh its another teeeee arrrrrrrr whyyyy. Yes folks a T-R-Y.

FFS that fool makes me switch off the sound immediately.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
That was a better call than the NRL grand final commentary. As long as a commentator gets excited I don't mind really. I don't need their opinions, but I like them to create atmosphere.

ali

Bench
I think they are good value. If Rabs and Fatty were calling it I guarentee they'd get a hell of a lot more wrong and wouldn't know anything about the British players.

Also IMO Fielden is the best prop in the world. He is a sh*t load better than Morley.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Given the usual combination of nasal twang & speech impediments we get with Costigan, Ropati & Halligan in NZ, Eddie & Stevo were a refreshing change. Whether or not I have the same opinion in a couple of weeks time is a different matter.

off topic a bit but bloody amusing.

in the cricket on sunday night one of the commentators said 'it is hard to talk between boje's balls'

Scorpio30

Bench
douglasallen91 said:
off topic a bit but bloody amusing.

in the cricket on sunday night one of the commentators said 'it is hard to talk between boje's balls'

And again off topic but with the SAvNZ cricket, do my ears deceive me or is there either an 11 year old boy or woman commentator?!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
for all the british fans, or people who watach superleague on fox, how do these two commentate when there's two british/superleague teamns? they're so incredibly biased at international level, it would be weird hearing them commentating objectively...

screeny

Bench
Pierced Soul said:
for all the british fans, or people who watach superleague on fox, how do these two commentate when there's two british/superleague teamns? they're so incredibly biased at international level, it would be weird hearing them commentating objectively...

They really, really spoil the broadcast to be absolutely honest. Every game is 'a classic', every try scored due to attacking genius (not poor defence), and all the players inviolate to criticism.

Stevo consistently gets things wrong and even when a replay shows a clear set of circumstances he cannot see what has clearly transpired.

their voices are annoying and I can't stand them.

Red Bear

Referee
I love Eddie n Stevo, they are brilliant. Feels like international footy havig the two poms comentating.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Fairleigh Good! said:
Because they play in the NRL? Lame.

No, because Cunningham sucks. Ian Henderson is better than him, he should be GB's hooker.

Farah, Buderus, Priddis, Cam Smith = All better hookers in the NRL than Cunningham.

He's fat, slow, overrated and a complete flop at test level. 10 tests for 10 losses, you'd think "the best hooker of all time" :)roll:) would have won at least one test by age 29.

Cunningham is a nuffy, calling him the best hooker of all time is a joke.

choc_soldier

Coach
Random photo time...

9a_1_b.JPG

Almost every game Stevo commentates on he utters the phrase "surely its worth a one pointer" he seems to have an obsession about drop goals.