What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie Blacker on loan

watatank

Coach
So why are Warriors interested if they see it the same way you do?
I believe he might not get a full season out in 1st grade yet..but with more exposure this year he will be just about ready next year to be at a part time bench level like a KSims. Kerr should be starting next year
Look at how Host, Lawrie + even Aitken went in the 1st cluster of 1st grade games..struggled but were left there!

They have no depth, they're going to be interested in any players that other clubs will give up to help address that. It seems they are more interested in more experienced players. Anyway, the guy has potential, I just don't know how much of an impact he would make, it will be interesting to see how this all develops.

qld redvee

Juniors
So from a charity shield player supercoach has deemed him surplus to our needs .... he may be raw and potentially with game time at warriors he will improve just hope he doesnt become damaged goods .
Why didnt we tell Kearney hey take Merrin on loan or even Isaac Luke - surely we could cover for these 2 Roll on the sacking so we get a real coach who looks out for younger talent ..

George Dragon

Juniors
KEARNEY DEPICTS THE TYPE OF LOAN PLAYER HE NEEDS

After receiving approval from the NRL to loan a player, Warriors coach Stephen Kearney now has the task of pinpointing the exact type of player he needs to make the most of the unique opportunity.

Speaking on Fox League Live, Kearney broke down exactly what he’s looking for.

“From our point of view it would probably be a player from 20 to 25 on a club’s list. We’re after a middle forward who’s got some NRL experience having lost Leeson (Ah Mau) and Bunty (Afoa) earlier this year,” he said.
Doesn't sound like Blacker

Dragonslayer

First Grade

After receiving approval from the NRL to loan a player, Warriors coach Stephen Kearney now has the task of pinpointing the exact type of player he needs to make the most of the unique opportunity.

“From our point of view it would probably be a player from 20 to 25 on a club’s list. We’re after a middle forward who’s got some NRL experience having lost Leeson (Ah Mau) and Bunty (Afoa) earlier this year,” he said.

Sounds more like Kerr

BLM01

First Grade
Loaning them Blacker can only be a good thing. We get him back after a set amount of games and he gains valuable experience playing against other first graders. Great way to tell if he's gonna be good enough or fall short.
Careful what you wish for.!...It could be a good thing for the warriors too!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

James Graham for me, he doesn’t make my 17 unfortunately. Love the bloke and want to see him prove me wrong but he’s below Kerr, K.Sims, Lawrie and Merrin for mine. In saying that would be good for Blacker to get given a chance to do a Garrick, if so being on loan would be great because it will force the coaches hand once back.

Reactions: jak

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Geez I’d laugh if Blacker carries over half our pack to score the match winning try for the warriors on Saturday..

But then I’d cry because we lost..

But then I’d laugh because of Mary’s post match presser when asked about it..

But then I’d cry because I realise he’s still our coach.

BLM01

First Grade
Geez I’d laugh if Blacker carries over half our pack to score the match winning try for the warriors on Saturday..

But then I’d cry because we lost..

But then I’d laugh because of Mary’s post match presser when asked about it..

But then I’d cry because I realise he’s still our coach.

But then I'd laugh when Blacker says he wants to sign a new contract

But then I'd cry when it is not with us

But then I'd laugh with the spin coming from Mary about him going

But then I'd cry cause we will sign Pat Kaufusi to replace him

TruSaint

Referee
James Graham for me, he doesn’t make my 17 unfortunately. Love the bloke and want to see him prove me wrong but he’s below Kerr, K.Sims, Lawrie and Merrin for mine. In saying that would be good for Blacker to get given a chance to do a Garrick, if so being on loan would be great because it will force the coaches hand once back.

Whilst looking at the loan clinically, this may appear the best option.

But it would be a dog act ( no pun intended ), by the Club to a 400 game veteran probably on his last NRL season.

There is zero chance the Club would entertain this. And, rightly so. He has past his best, but again the Club signed him, and he has earnt the right to finish off his NRL career with some respect.

Latest posts