What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie Mcguire on the radio today

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Was listening to the radio this arvo (Hot FM in WA) and heard an interesting interview with Eddie.He had his channel 9 cap on and was talking about all the game shows on nine.One of the dj's commented on the great start to the NRL season and then Eddie could'nt shut up about it.He talked about the awsome double header in brisbane and the great form of the warriors and also said he could'nt wait to see how souths were going to go.If only he would talk about league this way on a much more public forum,say the AFL footy show!

meltiger

First Grade
Hoofhearted said:
If only he would talk about league this way on a much more public forum,say the AFL footy show!

Maybe it would help if Ed was actually on the footy show to begin with?

lol

joondalup_giant

Staff member
yea there's definitly a change in th air as far as NRL on 9. i was watchin the AFL footy show last week and GAry Lyon advertised the Tigers v Storm game!!!!

Dani

Immortal
You will find that Eddie is not just an AFL fan, but a sport fan in general.
I saw him an a couple of Storm games last year.

And the AFL footy show did plug last fridays game and last year they had 2 Storm players, Cronk and someone else(i can't remember who), on the show leading up to the grand final.

Who deleted my two insightful posts in this thread?

I really hate that. Not that they've been deleted but that they've been deleted without telling me.

Ozbash you bastard....

Oh, and jump off a bridge and hit the concrete Eddie you merkin.

tiburon

Juniors
Dani said:
You will find that Eddie is not just an AFL fan, but a sport fan in general.
I saw him an a couple of Storm games last year.

And the AFL footy show did plug last fridays game and last year they had 2 Storm players, Cronk and someone else(i can't remember who), on the show leading up to the grand final.

King wasn't it.
Was good to see that after the NRL footy show had plugged the swans so much.

meltiger

First Grade
no.2_lukeburt said:
:shock:

what did he say?

I mentioned it on Thursday in the Footy Show thread ....

I don't usually watch but they had advertised Choc being on the show so had it on in the background while I played a game on the puter ...

They asked Choc about going back to RL during the interview and at the end said 'on the topic of RL' .... Then gave the coverage of the Storm's game the following night a plug.

Added to that, someone in the NRL/Storm decided to pay for ad time during the show to promote the Storm's game, a very good decision. The ads were on almost every break :thumn

One interesting thing was that the panel made it clear during the show that 9 would be going back after the Aussie Rules rights in a few years time, that gives the NRL 5 years to promote the hell out of the Storm and get enough of a foothold that 9 can't shaft us down here again.

meltiger

First Grade
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Who deleted my two insightful posts in this thread?

Nothing you ever post is insightful.

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Oh, and jump off a bridge and hit the concrete Eddie you merkin.

He gives the game a bit of promotion in Aussie Rules heartland and states he was even looking forward to watching a game, yet still that's not good enough.

Ahh your feelings of jealousy and bitterness towards Australia's most popular sport, Victoria's game know no bounds do they?

:lol:

LESStar58

Referee
Hoofhearted said:
Was listening to the radio this arvo (Hot FM in WA) and heard an interesting interview with Eddie.He had his channel 9 cap on and was talking about all the game shows on nine.One of the dj's commented on the great start to the NRL season and then Eddie could'nt shut up about it.He talked about the awsome double header in brisbane and the great form of the warriors and also said he could'nt wait to see how souths were going to go.If only he would talk about league this way on a much more public forum,say the AFL footy show!

No amount of spin doctoring can hide the fact that Eddie Maguire still has his AFL hat on. If he didn't he'd be putting football into Melbourne LIVE (at least when the Storm are featured) and he'd be dropping the AFL Monday wrap up due to "lack of resources" instead of the NRL one....

He's a knob. I hope he goes back to having his fat head on tele and giving the reigns to someone whos prepared to not live off the networks past "glory" that is AFL. I'd rather be bombarded with Eddie on the media than Eddie running Channel 9.

LESStar58

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
Cricket is Australia's most popular sport by far.

Even soccer is more popular than AFL as a national sport IMO. The A-League (which I hate) is yet to shed it's bunny rug but at least the Otheroos are a team the nation can get behind...

Ice777

Bench
LESStar58 said:
No amount of spin doctoring can hide the fact that Eddie Maguire still has his AFL hat on. If he didn't he'd be putting football into Melbourne LIVE (at least when the Storm are featured) and he'd be dropping the AFL Monday wrap up due to "lack of resources" instead of the NRL one....

Wasn't it live last Friday? How many games and when was the last time (excluding finals) have Storm games been shown live into Melbourne? Eddie takes over, we open up the season live in Melbourne and he still cops it. It may have been a small step, but it's a sh*tload bigger step than what's been taken for a long long time down here.

If or when we get another Friday night game down here then we'll see what happens regarding what time it's broadcast here. But until then it's pretty much useless specualting because none of us have any idea.

gottabegood

Juniors
bluesbreaker said:
Cricket is Australia's most popular sport by far.

I'd say thats absolutely incorrect, if you gave people an either /or choice ( i.e if you were only allowed to follow one sport) most would pick Rugby League , AFL, Soccer or Rugby Union not cricket, although it would go down as a popular second choice......

If it wears a suit and has a financial interest......don't listen to a word it says!

If Nine was left with the rights to the Australian Hot Dog eating contest, he'd have been talking that up instead.

(Actually, that would rate well in AFL territory I think!) :lol:

boonboon

Juniors
I think Eddy has done a great job living down here the football has been on at better times and has had more promotion since Eddie took over at ch 9

I think Eddie is really annoying but I also think he is a great businessman, and as someone else said to many conspiracy theories beliueved in here

Latest posts