What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie Mcguire on the radio today

skeepe

Immortal
Ice777 said:
Wasn't it live last Friday? How many games and when was the last time (excluding finals) have Storm games been shown live into Melbourne? Eddie takes over, we open up the season live in Melbourne and he still cops it. It may have been a small step, but it's a sh*tload bigger step than what's been taken for a long long time down here.

If or when we get another Friday night game down here then we'll see what happens regarding what time it's broadcast here. But until then it's pretty much useless specualting because none of us have any idea.

And what's happened this week? A return to form for 9.

Friday night:
7:30pm - Airport
8:00pm - Airline
8:30pm - Movie: Tears of the Sun
11:05pm - FINA World Swimming Championships
12:05am - Friday Night Football Late
2:05am - Friday Night Football Late

Sunday afternoon/evening:
3:30pm - Joan of Arcadia (repeat)
4:30pm - Gilmore Girls (repeat)
5:30pm - Postcards
6:00pm - National Nine News
6:30pm - With Friends Like These (a rather apt title)
7:00pm - FINA World Swimming Championships
9:00pm - Tsunami - The Aftermath
11:30pm - FINA World Swimming Championships
12:30am - A1 Grand Prix of Nations
1:30am - Shopping For Love
2:00am - Sunday Football Late

Even Perth get Sunday football at 2pm for godsakes. Useless channel 9, absolutely useless.

bulldog

Bench
Yup, I hear afl Eddie has said in a radio interview that he wouldn't be putting League up against any afl game because they would be killed in the ratings, it certainly wouldn't rate any worse than a f**king repeat of the frigging Gilmore Girls.

Ice777

Bench
skeepe said:
And what's happened this week? A return to form for 9.

Friday night:
7:30pm - Airport
8:00pm - Airline
8:30pm - Movie: Tears of the Sun
11:05pm - FINA World Swimming Championships
12:05am - Friday Night Football Late
2:05am - Friday Night Football Late

Sunday afternoon/evening:
3:30pm - Joan of Arcadia (repeat)
4:30pm - Gilmore Girls (repeat)
5:30pm - Postcards
6:00pm - National Nine News
6:30pm - With Friends Like These (a rather apt title)
7:00pm - FINA World Swimming Championships
9:00pm - Tsunami - The Aftermath
11:30pm - FINA World Swimming Championships
12:30am - A1 Grand Prix of Nations
1:30am - Shopping For Love
2:00am - Sunday Football Late

Even Perth get Sunday football at 2pm for godsakes. Useless channel 9, absolutely useless.

No surprises there, they were always going to revert back to normal programming and there was no way they'd show FNF if the Storm weren't involved. I'm waiting with great interest to see if they show the Bronco's V Storm game live here, or at least at a respectable time down here in round 7 which will be played on the Friday night.

That game would be the best way to guage how well league would rate up against the AFL (Port Adelaide V St Kilda) As i've stated, i'd love nothing more to have FNF live down here (any teams) but the fact is that we're not going to get it so there's no point whingeing about it. At the very least i think they should show live any channel 9 game that the Storm are involved in as that would be a great way to bring more people to our home games. But that remains to be seen whether thay do or not.

LESStar58

Referee
Perth Red said:
Australias national sports:

1. AFL
2. Cricket
3. Soccer
4. NRL

RL isn't a national sport at the top level and barely has a presence at other levels in some states. Believe it or not there is actually more to Australia than NSW & Q'land (hard for some to believe I know!)

National COmPETITIONS.....not national sports. not by a long shot. Soccer is more poular Oz wide than any code of football ATM methinks.

LESStar58

Referee
bulldog said:
Yup, I hear afl Eddie has said in a radio interview that he wouldn't be putting League up against any afl game because they would be killed in the ratings, it certainly wouldn't rate any worse than a f**king repeat of the frigging Gilmore Girls.

Surely he'd look at Storm games live..... the first GF rematch is one of the FNF games in round 7...

t-ba

Post Whore
Perth Red said:
Australias national sports:

1. AFL
2. Cricket
3. Soccer
4. NRL

RL isn't a national sport at the top level and barely has a presence at other levels in some states. Believe it or not there is actually more to Australia than NSW & Q'land (hard for some to believe I know!)

There's more to Australia than five cities...There's more people living in Queensland outside of Metro Brisbane than their is in the entire population of Western Australia for example...More people in NNSW than there are in South Australia, And a hell of a lot more in RL territory SNSW than in The 'Riverina' and Tasmania...

Pigskin

Juniors
Dani said:
You will find that Eddie is not just an AFL fan, but a sport fan in general.
I saw him an a couple of Storm games last year.

And the AFL footy show did plug last fridays game and last year they had 2 Storm players, Cronk and someone else(i can't remember who), on the show leading up to the grand final.

Dont Collingwood and the Storm have a relationship with regards to that Lexus centre training facility ? Aren't they like "brother/sister" clubs or something ?

Also i note the original poster stated the interview was on WA radio ... wasn't the league shown on WA TV in week 1 and got abysmal ratings ?

what would you expect him to say if the above statements are true

i still find him very interesting to listen to, regardless of hidden agendas

Oink !

Pigskin

Juniors
oh and by statistics, the most popular sport in Australia is fishing

so go get a mullet up ya

Oink !

Latest posts