What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels 9's squad

theicemandanno

Juniors
Joseph Paulo. Certainty. Don't hide it. You know it's gonna happen.
Chris sandow. Certainty.
Kaysa pritchard. Certainty.
Semi radradra. Certainty.

Then it's up to what Arthur wants...to see how some fringe players play or if he legit wants to win it.

For mine, I'd love to see matterson, Davis and Goodall get a go as well as Reece Robinson and Danny wicks.

My squad.

Robinson
Semi
Davis
Goodall
Folau
Champion
Sandow
Joseph paulo
Matterson
Pritchard
Wicks
Edwards
Gower
Moeroa

half_back

Juniors
As mentioned it depends on the importance Arthur wants to put on it. Then I assume he will split the 40 players listed on the the club website amongst the 9s and tigers trial. Assuming there can only still be 4 outside the top 25 for the 9s there will be a number at the Tigers trial. I wonder if BA would risk Davis given there has been no sight of him training with the top squad so far and there are concerns over his size.

Forty20

First Grade
How is this enforced? More to the point - why?

Anyone know?

I imagine the stipulation was originally added to ensure that the tournament had guaranteed star power otherwise teams may have been inclined to send out teams stacked heavily with NYC and second tier talent. There was a fair bit invested in making the Nines a success so I can see why they ran with it.

The Nines ended up a huge success and although some players like Mullen and Coote picked up serious injuries, I think most clubs will be handling selection for the 2015 edition with a positive leaning regardless of stipulations.

Parra

Referee
So what would anyone do if we did the smart thing and sent a team of Wenty players?

Or didn't enter?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Is that really the smart thing though? It's a good way to get players stretching out and there's minimal contact so it's less likely that they're going to receive an injury. Plus the prize money is huge and if won can help any team with a bit of a small financial problem. Good confidence builder too, we saw Semi score numerous tries and then carried that form throughout the start of the season.
If we sent a team full of "Wenty" players we'd probably get a huge fine among other negative things.

Parra

Referee
The only rugby league I am interested in is the Eels winning the NRL comp.

The exhibition matches can be interesting - origin included - but as far as they affect the NRL comp I am well sick of them. The pre-season mid-season exhibition games are pointless and devalue the NRL competition which in my opinion is the pinnacle of league and should be promoted and protected as the pinnacle.

As it is, all sorts of crap is allowed to detract from the NRL comp.

Parra

Referee
No one would notice a massive fine put onto the club?

That's why I asked the initial question.

What is the fine? How is it enforced? If the ARLC can force this sort of behaviour from clubs what else can they make clubs do?

Or is there no "massive fine"?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's a fair question. Personally I think the Nines are a great idea, and IMO the future of the game has less than 13 players from each team on the field. Either that or make wider fields, which is harder to do with stadiums as they are.

But anyway, the rules are that teams are to field one of their top five paid players. But what if they're all injured and can't play?

Either way, I'd happily watch if every team just fielded backups and under 20s, but I'm the type of tragic that records Wenty games if I can't be home for them.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
It's a fair question. Personally I think the Nines are a great idea, and IMO the future of the game has less than 13 players from each team on the field. Either that or make wider fields, which is harder to do with stadiums as they are.

But anyway, the rules are that teams are to field one of their top five paid players. But what if they're all injured and can't play?

Either way, I'd happily watch if every team just fielded backups and under 20s, but I'm the type of tragic that records Wenty games if I can't be home for them.

tbh I'd watch it too, I record the games even if I'm there. If they win I'll re-watch it straight away, if they lose I'll wait a day or two and either delete it or if it was close or I wanted to see something I'll replay it and see why we lost.

strider

Post Whore

damn straight ... get rid of all those middle half merkins - just taking up space ffs