What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels 9's squad

jk13

First Grade
It would be nice to get near to some sort of trophy again. i love the concept as it gives a chance 4 the young fringes to shine on primer time tv. Otherwise they may get lost in the way trials work with so many options being examined

jk13

First Grade
I like 40s squad though degois might be an option for his strengths as well

lingard

Coach
The only rugby league I am interested in is the Eels winning the NRL comp.

The exhibition matches can be interesting - origin included - but as far as they affect the NRL comp I am well sick of them. The pre-season mid-season exhibition games are pointless and devalue the NRL competition which in my opinion is the pinnacle of league and should be promoted and protected as the pinnacle.

As it is, all sorts of crap is allowed to detract from the NRL comp.

I couldn't agree more. And I wasn't being sarcastic - I actually am sick of State of Origin. It is a totally meaningless concept.

lingard

Coach
It's a fair question. Personally I think the Nines are a great idea, and IMO the future of the game has less than 13 players from each team on the field. Either that or make wider fields, which is harder to do with stadiums as they are.

But anyway, the rules are that teams are to field one of their top five paid players. But what if they're all injured and can't play?

Either way, I'd happily watch if every team just fielded backups and under 20s, but I'm the type of tragic that records Wenty games if I can't be home for them.

Warren Ryan has been advocating that idea for years. If we trimmed it down to, say, 11 players, we could get rid of the wingers, move the inside centre across to the other side of the field and have the five-eight play like another half-back. Or something like that.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Warren Ryan has been advocating that idea for years. If we trimmed it down to, say, 11 players, we could get rid of the wingers, move the inside centre across to the other side of the field and have the five-eight play like another half-back. Or something like that.

Or we could add two players and have them bind onto the outside of the second row of the scrum.

Then we could argue about what they do for the other 75 minutes of the game that isn't scrums.

T.S Quint

Coach
You could always get rid of two players and allow forward passes.
Make it that you don't have to put the ball down in the in-goals as well.

If you were going to drop to 11 then you'd just get rid of scrums altogether and really speed the game up.

You'd probably get rid of two big forwards to suit the faster game.

T.S Quint

Coach
If you were going to drop to 11 then you'd just get rid of scrums altogether and really speed the game up.

You'd probably get rid of two big forwards to suit the faster game.

To make it even faster they could just do away with tackling altogether.
Just make it so the defence only has to touch the bloke with the ball.

Forty20

First Grade
The inclusion/exclusion of Hoppa and Watmough were to be expected for mine. Wicks missing out is a disappointment but if I recall correctly, Steve Sharp mentioned that he was nursing a hamstring injury not long ago.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
The inclusion/exclusion of Hoppa and Watmough were to be expected for mine. Wicks missing out is a disappointment but if I recall correctly, Steve Sharp mentioned that he was nursing a hamstring injury not long ago.

I think his hammy is currently pretty good. Another one who is highly unlikely to get a run is Crooks, he has a groin problem.

Gronk

Staff member
Raiders: Sam Williams, Mitch Cornish, Jarrod Croker(c), Lachlan Croker, Sisa Waqa, Joel Edwards, Josh McCrone, Rhys Kennedy, Glen Buttriss, Brenko Lee, Bill Tupou, Jack Ahearn, Luke Bateman, Haydon Hodge, Mark Nicholls, Kyle O'Donnell, Tevita PangaiJnr, Ken Nagas

http://www.nrlaucklandnines.com/

Gronk

Staff member
Knights: Sione Mata'utia, Jake Mamo, Dane Gagai, Chanel Mata'utia, Carlos Tuimavave, Jarrod Mullen (c), Tyrone Roberts, Pat Mata'utia, Adam Clydsdale, Paterika Vaivai, Tyler Randell, Chris Houston, Robbie Rochow, Nathan Ross, Korbin Sims, Joseph Tapine, Jack Stockwell, Danny Levi

Latest posts