What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
So two board meetings, ba and JT at one apiece.

Can someone confirm is it best of three or five.

Noise

Coach
I hope Taylor has signed the contract and f**ks us over for as much as he can. The board deserve to be taught a lesson!!

Wasn't it rumour Taylor resigned from roosters over the weekend?

Really? You'd put taylor and your hate for the board in front of the club?

natheel

Coach
FMD!!

What is the love affair with Anderson?

How the hell can you offer the job to Taylor and start negotiating terms with him, yet still have a board meeting to vote on another coach ?

There are definitely some funny ways of doubt business with this board.

And yet again why is this all in the media ??

For all we know they could've been meeting to discuss Taylor as coach and finalise everything. But seems like Sharp has done some talks on the side.

The fact its in the media is f**king ridiculous can't stand it

Jodeci

Bench
For all we know they could've been meeting to discuss Taylor as coach and finalise everything. But seems like Sharp has done some talks on the side.

The fact its in the media is f**king ridiculous can't stand it

Sharp brokered the deal

jason taylor

Bench
I miss Spags, at least that board was united in mediocrity. Last years coaching decision wasn't played out in the media like this mess has been.

This coaching saga will play out until November...

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Really? You'd put taylor and your hate for the board in front of the club?

No don't hate anyone, just not happy with the professionalism of the board. Sometimes a lesson needs to be learnt the hard way. Seriously how do you offer a contract to Taylor, yet still have a board meeting to vote on another candidate ?

I get the feeling that no matter who is appointed, there are going to be merkins who are hell bent on putting shit on the club.

For me it's got nothing to do with who (out of these candidates) gets the coach job. Nor do I even know who is on what side in this tit for tat political battle over Board control. But, notwithstanding the fact that there are shit-stirrers in the media, the way that this process has been managed and communicated is ludicrous. Not saying there are no well-intentioned people involved, but I don't see how this gets fixed under the current set up. I don't enjoy making that observation. But a spade is a spade.

Jodeci

Bench
The bullshit that has gone on the past 3 weeks regarding this coaching saga has made me think that I will more than likely contest the next elections.

I've had enough of this crap

Absolutely no care for the members

Gronk

Staff member
I'm happy with Taylor or Arthur. Shit happens with contract negotiations. For those who are playing the incompetent card, you might want to understand that sometimes deals don't come to fruition, notwithstanding the intent of the parties. If the lawyers can't agree, then it falls through. Oh well, cross him off the list.

So I'm comfortable either way. Those who were worried about Hoppa walking should be stoked BTW.

Noise

Coach
No don't hate anyone, just not happy with the professionalism of the board. Sometimes a lesson needs to be learnt the hard way. Seriously how do you offer a contract to Taylor, yet still have a board meeting to vote on another candidate ?

I guess the same way Sharp offered the role to arthur originally then had the meeting that voted in Taylor.

It's been a cockup of massive proportions but at the end of the day if they get the right person and we win some f**ken games and keep on recruiting well I don't care what the idiots fight about

Status
Not open for further replies.