What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/fo...0535382#ooid=VnaXB1ZjofslXswod7BXrSnpTMQ-lZjx

neil henry says he went with the titans simply because they made him an offer and we didn't (and looked like we weren't in a position to for a while yet at the time)

Don't you just love news ltd - they love spinning crap, it was only a few weeks ago they were reported Henry had rejected the eels job, yet Henry states he wasn't offered the job.

I bet if he was offered the job at the eels he would be on the first plane to sydney

forward pass

Coach
ANOTHER boardroom ambush at Parramatta has cost Jason Taylor the Eels coaching job, with club chairman Steve Sharp last night convincing enough directors to perform a stunning about face and support Brad Arthur.
Just a week after the Eels board voted 3-2 in favour of Taylor, a snap meeting last night delivered a majority vote for Arthur to cap off the most confusing and convoluted coaching appointment in NRL history.
It’s believed last night’s vote returned a 4-2 verdict in favour of Arthur, with a newly-added member of the board voting for the Manly assistant. Another director also changed his mind from last week’s meeting, undoing days of intense negotiations with Taylor and his lawyers.
Parramatta CEO Scott Seward had been in talks with Taylor over the past 72 hours, and it’s understood a written offer had already been extended for him to coach the side for the next two years.
More incredibly, Seward also called Arthur’s representatives yesterday morning to inform them that Taylor would be getting the job.
148317-jason-taylor.jpg

Roosters assistant oach Jason Taylor is favoured to land the Parramatta coaching job. Picture: Gregg Porteous

As a result, Arthur this week travelled to Bali for a holiday in the belief he would be staying at Manly and not required to return to work until early November.
Sharp publicly declared his support for Arthur prior to last week’s meeting, but was left humiliated when he was out-voted. He even spoke about resigning as chairman, but behind the scenes talks and deals between directors were taking place to bring Arthur back into the frame.
The push for NRL referees boss Daniel Anderson to be appointed football manager is thought to have played a significant role in last night’s backflip.
The Daily Telegraph understands the board felt Arthur would be more willing to work with Anderson, who has already discussed his possible departure from the NRL with his bosses at League Central.
254769-steve-sharp.jpg

Parramatta Chairman Steve Sharp has a big job ahead. Picture: Gregg Porteous

It now appears inevitable that Anderson will join the Eels, combining with Arthur next season.
The only sticking point could surround the level of negotiations with Taylor and whether his lawyers accepted the job offer

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r-board-backflip/story-fni3ga7r-1226740828456

Well there you go !!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Like I said the other day, if we appointed Taylor why would we need Anderson? They're both smart, experienced blokes that no merkin likes.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
FMD!!

What is the love affair with Anderson?

How the hell can you offer the job to Taylor and start negotiating terms with him, yet still have a board meeting to vote on another coach ?

There are definitely some funny ways of doubt business with this board.

And yet again why is this all in the media ??

Gronk

Staff member
I get the feeling that no matter who is appointed, there are going to be merkins who are hell bent on putting shit on the club.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I hope Taylor has signed the contract and f**ks us over for as much as he can. The board deserve to be taught a lesson!!

Wasn't it rumour Taylor resigned from roosters over the weekend?

Fathead

Bench
My apologies. My info was that Taylor had already signed. That being said this club is an absolute and utter circus. What a rabble ! They will probably bring Arthur back from Bali and then give the job to Taylor ! Seriously Sharp couldn't organise a root in a brothel. What a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts