What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra09

Juniors
Is Henry definitely out? Was on fox sports stating parra approached him for services but they are doing a thorough job in selecting coach and haven't decided yet. Titans offered him job so he took it for security, but seems like has a get out clause if nrl coach job comes up.
Could he still be in the running ?

HAHAHAHAHA

Have another look. He was taking the piss big time.

Who are the Jacksonville Axemen by the way? e.g. Jacksonville FLA?

Yep. Basically the biggest team in the USARL. I have one of their jerseys from a few years back - started my thing with buying more obscure jerseys. I now have 2 Canadian national jerseys, the Toronto City Saints and am waiting on Ottowa Rhinos. Would love to get a Boston 13s jersey.

If you head over to the International/American forums you'll find spinnerhowland, who is basically the foundation of the Axemen.

natheel

Coach
Anyone think with Cayless' appointment a SG coach that he could develop into a decent coach? Reminds me of Trent Robinson. Well respected and a quiet guy who wouldn't take crap plus a modern eels legend. I reckon he could become assistant to Taylor (assuming he's coach) in 2015

Anyone think with Cayless' appointment a SG coach that he could develop into a decent coach? Reminds me of Trent Robinson. Well respected and a quiet guy who wouldn't take crap plus a modern eels legend. I reckon he could become assistant to Taylor (assuming he's coach) in 2015

How would we know? I guess that won't stop people pretending they know something about his coaching abilities. We'll find out I guess. I'm not completely enamoured with the idea of filling the coaching positions with former players/staff (nothing against those individuals)....just inflames the bullshit occurring at the Board level.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
So let me get this straight. We are going to hire Ando and he's not the best candidate. We are doing it just to piss some other fans or boardmembers of the footy club off?
Is this right Jodeci?

emjaycee

Coach
So let me get this straight. We are going to hire Ando and he's not the best candidate. We are doing it just to piss some other fans or boardmembers of the footy club off?
Is this right Jodeci?

thats right ME.
The board of the club dont really care about us being successful. they really just want to get back at others that wronged them or something and so are hiring people like Ando who the previous board sacked.

It`s so they can hang out in the carpark and go "nanananana" at the old board when they drive past.

Gronk

Staff member
It's becoming clear that there are people who still want to feed misinformation to this forum and the media to cause hysteria and to hell with the club in 2014. They despise infighting caused by Fitzy, yet they are doing the very same thing. They can't see the wood through the trees.

Forgive me if I want unity and single focus towards a common goal. How f**king selfish.

There will be another election and those who think that they can do a better job can have a crack. In the meantime they should shelve their egos, STFU and support the club.

Last edited:
It's becoming clear that there are people who still want to feed misinformation to this forum and the media to cause hysteria and to hell with the club in 2014. They despise infighting caused by Fitzy, yet they are doing the very same thing. They can't see the wood through the trees.

Forgive me if I want unity and single focus towards a common goal. How f**king selfish.

There will be another election and those who think that they can do a better job can have a crack. In the meantime they should shelve their egos, STFU and support the club.
I suggest you find another 6 like you and run for the board then.

Gronk

Staff member
I suggest you find another 6 like you and run for the board then.

That would be appropriate if I was suggesting that those in charge last year or now were not doing a good job. However that's not what I said.

Those who ran for the last election did so on the platform that they would do the best for the club. I am interested to hear why those who were part of the unsuccessful ticket feel it necessary to continue to undermine the successful ticket. My opinion is that if they are men of good character and have the best interests of the club at heart (like they suggested during the campaign) then they should deal with the loss with dignity and pull their respective heads in.

cv8z

Juniors
The delay in announcing the coach is that BA isn't out of the running
Someone is still hopeful

Tommy Coco

Juniors
That would be appropriate if I was suggesting that those in charge last year or now were not doing a good job. However that's not what I said.

Those who ran for the last election did so on the platform that they would do the best for the club. I am interested to hear why those who were part of the unsuccessful ticket feel it necessary to continue to undermine the successful ticket. My opinion is that if they are men of good character and have the best interests of the club at heart (like they suggested during the campaign) then they should deal with the loss with dignity and pull their respective heads in.

I ignore almost all of the posts on here that mention board or boardroom personalities, there is no way to tell what is truthful about them and they tend to have a flavor similar to the articles you read in the daily terror. I don't believe much or those so why take it from some of the posters here.

Only problem being is it a little disappointing to have people I share a common interest with dump on our club with little regard, I dont like it when the terror does it, dont like it worse when parra fans join the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.