What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels by 54 to make semis

bartman

Immortal
Have we even scored 54 in a match this year? Let alone win by that much...

:lol:

torpedo

Juniors
Funniest thing i have read all season....we will be lucky to make it on the field at 7.30...

bartman

Immortal
Actually, thinking about this, I'd like us to win the game, so that we finish on 28 points.

Then hopefully in the club's "post-season review" they can reflect on the fact that 28 points was NOT enough to make the finals, and that the coach and players f**ked up by aiming low, instead of realising their season was on the line a few months before they seemed to own up to the fact.

As a result the coach will be told he has not earned an extension, and hopefully some of our well paid players (who might have enjoyed the "feel" of playing for a nice bloke like Hages) might take a long look inside themselves and perhaps pledge to play with more passion and teamwork and commitment EVERY game in the future....

strider

Post Whore
54 eh? .... wellthen its in the bag :thumn

Actually, thinking about this, I'd like us to win the game, so that we finish on 28 points.

Then hopefully in the club's "post-season review" they can reflect on the fact that 28 points was NOT enough to make the finals, and that the coach and players f**ked up by aiming low, instead of realising their season was on the line a few months before they seemed to own up to the fact.

As a result the coach will be told he has not earned an extension, and hopefully some of our well paid players (who might have enjoyed the "feel" of playing for a nice bloke like Hages) might take a long look inside themselves and perhaps pledge to play with more passion and teamwork and commitment EVERY game in the future....

actually i'd see em saying something along the lines of - well 28pts would make the top 8 any other year, gee we were hard done by ... :roll:

its doable i guess but to win by that margin we need the parramatta CONtenders to show up not the PREtenders we have had this year

Swiftstylez

Bench
It would be funny if we did actually come out and win by this margin with everyone writing us off from even being a mathematical chance to make the semis. It is possible but it isn't going to happen lol. We'd have to hold a team scoreless... "Doable", but not probable for the eels of this year. I wonder if they are going to go into the game with an attacking mindset? If we only JUST got beaten by the dragons last week then this wouldn't be a problem... at least it gives people a reason to watch for the first 5 minutes, until the warriors score.

if Parker had his kicking boots on we would only have to win by 48!

Tonie Carroll too lol

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
It would be funny if we did actually come out and win by this margin with everyone writing us off from even being a mathematical chance to make the semis. It is possible but it isn't going to happen lol. We'd have to hold a team scoreless... "Doable", but not probable for the eels of this year. I wonder if they are going to go into the game with an attacking mindset? If we only JUST got beaten by the dragons last week then this wouldn't be a problem... at least it gives people a reason to watch for the first 5 minutes, until the warriors score.

Tonie Carroll too lol

You are a top shelf knob.

Swiftstylez

Bench
You are a top shelf knob.

.... I don't know exactly where that came from, but I'd get warned for something like that. For some reason I'm a knob for saying the scoreline is possible but improbable? At least I'd address the topic at hand.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
.... I don't know exactly where that came from, but I'd get warned for something like that. For some reason I'm a knob for saying the scoreline is possible but improbable? At least I'd address the topic at hand.

You support Hagan, you must be a knob. Tongue in cheek or not. Hagan is a bafoon.

Swiftstylez

Bench
You support Hagan, you must be a knob. Tongue in cheek or not. Hagan is a bafoon.

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. I can accept all knob related comments as long as it's to do with my support of Hagan. It's a widespread misconception that he is bad for the eels, one that will be disproved next year.

Avenger

Immortal
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. I can accept all knob related comments as long as it's to do with my support of Hagan. It's a widespread misconception that he is bad for the eels, one that will be disproved next year.

You are entitled to your opinion. Have a good day. I'm just depressed that our season is over. I take the knob comment back.

Swiftstylez

Bench
You are entitled to your opinion. Have a good day. I'm just depressed that our season is over. I take the knob comment back.

lol It's alright mate as long as it was partially tongue and cheek. Yeah our season is over, but I hope there is some good football played tonight... and who knows... 50 points? LOL ...

It would have to be an un-eel like miracle.

It's sad realizing that this is the last time we will see the Eels for a while.

Eelectrica

Referee
lol It's alright mate as long as it was partially tongue and cheek. Yeah our season is over, but I hope there is some good football played tonight... and who knows... 50 points? LOL ...

It would have to be an un-eel like miracle.

It's sad realizing that this is the last time we will see the Eels for a while.

Yes and no. I mean at least the heart break can be put on hold for 6 months or so.