What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels drunk again at 4am - including Paulo and Tim Smith

Hellsy

Immortal
Glenn said:
Wasn't "John" the one who had a problem with the behaviour of Tim Smith, when he was reported as being intoxicated and harassing a child and his father??
Hmmm something smells fishy. :-k

Stop dobbing them in Fisheel :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

mickdo

Coach
Glenn said:
Wasn't "John" the one who had a problem with the behaviour of Tim Smith, when he was reported as being intoxicated and harassing a child and his father??
Hmmm something smells fishy. :-k
Surely Hardley would have checked his source though, right... right? :lol:

Hellsy

Immortal
Suitman said:
They'd have plenty of time to while waiting in the queue at Parra Stadium. :lol:

Suity

:LOL: :LOL:
I wonder if they have to show their club membership everytime they go in for a dump :LOL: :LOL:

big boppa eel

Juniors
Jarryd's The Best said:
The fact that they were out at 4am after CEO Fitzgerald not a week ago stated publically that its unacceptable for players to be out at 4am. Paulo was shot at a week ago ffs!

Also, Smith is banned from consuming alcohol:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22876945-10389,00.html
I agree go out have a good time and drink as this is their choice , though why this magic number of 4am, great preperation for our first game in less than a week.

spiderdan

Bench
early edition sports tonight highlighted that tim was there. seemed to be the main part of their story and they were surprised that there was no alcohol ban on him. smart people. when tim came back it was stated publicly that there was no alcohol ban on tim.

long story short- df and hagan said the players did nothing wrong and that they weren't breaking any club commitments though df was a bit disappointed they hadn't left by 2am.

on fox sports hagan made mention, and i paraphrase, he's disappointed that some members of the public have nothing better to do than dob in league players.

i agree the media sets its own agenda and picks its own targets i am sure every club has players who have done far worse and got off scot free

my worry is can they just give up the high life when footy starts? out at 4am last friday night is not a good look but out at 4am this friday night is not on at all and if these drinking sessions have been a regular occurance during the offseason it might be harder to give up than they think

p.s. anyone who has any stories of hadley or his fat mate brohman out on the turps feel free to ring his show and see if you make it on air lol :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
On another note I really support the club's decision to not keep Tim Smith on that alcohol ban. Putting him in that kind of position is not going to cure any problem with alcohol he has, merely make it worse. If he's able to go out and have a few drinks but without going to excess, he's going to get used to and enjoy that situation and lifestyle. Putting too many restrictions on the players can just add to their negativity, and effect their happiness off the field, and thus performance level on the field.

Eels Dude said:
On another note I really support the club's decision to not keep Tim Smith on that alcohol ban. Putting him in that kind of position is not going to cure any problem with alcohol he has, merely make it worse. If he's able to go out and have a few drinks but without going to excess, he's going to get used to and enjoy that situation and lifestyle. Putting too many restrictions on the players can just add to their negativity, and effect their happiness off the field, and thus performance level on the field.

absolutely, given he is still adjusting to life with bipolar disorder making him sit in the corner nursing a lemonade while his teammates enjoy a few quiet beers only cuts him off from them he doesnt have to be sober for life just learn to control himself and know when to say no more and mean it