What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels dump Ray Price

KillKillerKill

Juniors
Fair call.

I would much rather my invitations say 'Cumberland Lounge' than the 'Ray Price Lounge'. In fact, I would not have a function at a venue called the 'Ray Price Lounge' for that very reason.

But I would name a grandstand after him.

Glen

Bench
Pathetic article. I never would have thought Timmah would be the voice of reason on anything but there you go.

I would definately agree that Parramatta needs to do more to honour its club legends, but this particular 'incident' seems to be nothing at all and all the bleeding hearts on here should pull their heads in

bartman

Immortal
Dave Q said:
He was one of the biggest louts in the game, but no doubt the best lock forward Ive ever seen or am likely to see.
Amen. They don't make 'em like Pricey anymore.

innsaneink

Referee
KillKillerKill said:
Fair call.

I would much rather my invitations say 'Cumberland Lounge' than the 'Ray Price Lounge'. In fact, I would not have a function at a venue called the 'Ray Price Lounge' for that very reason.

Yet you'd still have a function at Parra Stadium? :roll:

eelavation said:
that's what he said on the BSB this morning...

do you believe that the "Golden Child" and the "phone Thrower" will last at your club???....enjoy dreamland.

Yes I do,but definately not in their current roles. Enjoy Denis (no more conversions) Fitzgerald.:lol: He brings so "much" to your club.:lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Newcastlerabbit said:
Yes I do,but definately not in their current roles. Enjoy Denis (no more conversions) Fitzgerald.:lol: He brings so "much" to your club.:lol:

since 1978 and 4 premierships...yes we're still surviving and continue to do so...

here's a tip...get a clue before you critisise someone before your made to look like a bigger dickhead them what you actually are.

KillKillerKill

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Yet you'd still have a function at Parra Stadium? :roll:

I don't really know what you are getting at, but if I was looking for a place to book a function the name the 'Ray Price Lounge' is quite terrible TBQH.

The Survivor

Juniors
Price is an old whinger who puts sh*t on the club all the time, good on Parra for downgrading him. Maybe they should've named the complaints dept after him. :lol:

eelavation said:
since 1978 and 4 premierships...yes we're still surviving and continue to do so...

here's a tip...get a clue before you critisise someone before your made to look like a bigger dickhead them what you actually are.[/qu

Here you again,name calling.Thats real tough big guy.Build a bridge and get over it.

innsaneink

Referee
KillKillerKill said:
I don't really know what you are getting at, but if I was looking for a place to book a function the name the 'Ray Price Lounge' is quite terrible TBQH.

So you go by what something is called, not by what it is actually like, the decor, surrounds etc?

"No we cant eat at that restaurant tonite love, its got quite nice food but I dont like the name of the joint"

LESStar58

Referee
innsaneink said:
[-X
They seem to have their priorities slightly askew.

They'll slap a drunken repeat offending Tim Smith on the wrist.

Yet they treat their legends like dirt.

Good form Parra

I knew Price and Fitzgerald don't like each other. Remember an interview he gave in RLW where he called Fitzy "bitter" for "missing out on the premierships" (as a player obviously) and thats one of the reason he won't let Pricey near the club. Certainly there is something fishy about the whole issue.

I list Ray Price as one of my heroes given the challenge he has faced recently with his battle with bowel cancer. I only have vivid memories of Pricey playing but as a person who has fought a very serious illness and survived is pretty hero worthy in my book. He's a legend of the club and a role model and spokesperson for his cause. Remember when he was TFS and he was forcing home the importance for men aged over a certain age to go and have colonoscopys done?

The way the board have treated Pricey is nothing short of disgraceful. I don't think any other club would do that to a player of Ray's standing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
LESStar58 said:
I knew Price and Fitzgerald don't like each other. Remember an interview he gave in RLW where he called Fitzy "bitter" for "missing out on the premierships" (as a player obviously) and thats one of the reason he won't let Pricey near the club. Certainly there is something fishy about the whole issue.

I list Ray Price as one of my heroes given the challenge he has faced recently with his battle with bowel cancer. I only have vivid memories of Pricey playing but as a person who has fought a very serious illness and survived is pretty hero worthy in my book. He's a legend of the club and a role model and spokesperson for his cause. Remember when he was TFS and he was forcing home the importance for men aged over a certain age to go and have colonoscopys done?

The way the board have treated Pricey is nothing short of disgraceful. I don't think any other club would do that to a player of Ray's standing.

are you mistaking the Stadium trust board to the Parramatta rugby league board, you might as well as everyone else has...

and I agree with you wholeheartedly about Pricey a true legen and hero of the game.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I hate Fitzgerald, hes a complete tosser but ive never been a CEO so i dont know if he does a good job.

I respect Ray Price for what he did on the field but i do get sick of him on tv after we have had a couple losses.

So i dont really care either way.

LESStar58

Referee
KillKillerKill said:
Fair call.

Kind of off-topic but I hope when the Storm move to the new Stadium in 09-10 but I hope they retain the Lazarus and Nikau grandstands!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I have no doubt as expressed earlier that Price was a legend of his time but people must stop blaming the Eels for this. Read up and do your research before reacting with outrage, and direct it properly.

LESStar58

Referee
eelavation said:
are you mistaking the Stadium trust board to the Parramatta rugby league board, you might as well as everyone else has...

and I agree with you wholeheartedly about Pricey a true legen and hero of the game.

By talking about the interview Pricey gave to RLW last year. Obviously there has been some form of in-fighting but must admit that I didn't even see the part about the difference between the trust board and the footy club board.

My overall point of I was trying to make was simply that I think it is disgraceful treatment either way given Pricey's contribution to the club as a player (I don't know a great deal about the actual criticism that he has aimed at the club) and the game. And given his recent illness I think the word hero is very apt to his standing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
LESStar58 said:
By talking about the interview Pricey gave to RLW last year. Obviously there has been some form of in-fighting but must admit that I didn't even see the part about the difference between the trust board and the footy club board.

My overall point of I was trying to make was simply that I think it is disgraceful treatment either way given Pricey's contribution to the club as a player (I don't know a great deal about the actual criticism that he has aimed at the club) and the game. And given his recent illness I think the word hero is very apt to his standing.

ok, one thing that's kinda gone unnoticed is that Pricey's name has been taken away from the lounge and one of the suites upstairs from the lounge is now named in his honour..maybe it's a little bit of cold comfort as the suite isn't bigger than the lounge but they still did it.

yeah, there's a frosty relationship between Pricey and Fitzy has been for years although Fitzy did wish him all the best at the AGM last year when he aknowledged the fact that he was suffering from the illness.

Stagger eel

Staff member
gunnamatta bay said:
has the eels football board sent the stadium 'trust' a protest?

there in lies the sticking point, Our chairman Alan Ovarton and CEO [Fitzy] are actually on the ST board....despite Fitzy distancing himself from the decision.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
eelavation said:
there in lies the sticking point, Our chairman Alan Ovarton and CEO [Fitzy] are actually on the ST board....despite Fitzy distancing himself from the decision.
does that mean the argument all blame rests on the shoulders of the stadium 'trust' and not the eels football/leagues clubs, is shot down in flames?

Latest posts