What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels front rowers 2013

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just read a rumour (you know where) saying we are after a prop that is contracted to another club. If true I'm certain it is for 2013, not for next season. As for the truth of it, it's certainly possible.

As far as I know, the only front-rowers we have contracted past next year are:

Mannah (Tim)
Allgood
Terepo

Obviously, re-signing any of

Moimoi
Poore
Shackleton
Mannah (John)

are options, and I'm guessing it's Kearney's plan to re-sign at least one of them for 2013 and beyond. There is also the option of promoting one of this year's NYC props to the fulltime squad.

Does anyone know anything about the current Toyota Cup front rowers? How many props do we need in our roster, considering we have seven this year? Do you think we're likely to look outside the club to fill this position for 2013? And how late can the recruitment/retention staff leave this kind of thing?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes I suppose so.

Is he any good?

He gets through a lot of work but he's a bit undersized for a front-rower. Plays a lot like Hindy actually.

Also, he's young.

Anyway, what do you merkins think about the other questions I raised? Don't know or just don't care?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
He gets through a lot of work but he's a bit undersized for a front-rower. Plays a lot like Hindy actually.

Also, he's young.

Anyway, what do you merkins think about the other questions I raised? Don't know or just don't care?

Yeah I don't know.

I guess we are going to need some new blood. How old is Fui? Does he have a few more years left in him?

What about Poore? I guess this year is a big year for him. Is he getting on in years too?

Eels Dude

Coach
Given the age props develop at I doubt we'll see any of our current U20's props in first grade for a few years yet. I doubt even Terepo will play first grade this year. I think it'll come down to what Shacks, Poore, and Fui and Jon Mannah offer this year 2 of them could be re-signed and maybe one further fringe signing and there's 6 on the books for 2013. I reckon Fui could play on, but he could chase cash overseas. Poore is still young but it could depend on the cash. Shacks would have another couple of years in him too.

Perhaps Des wants Darcy Lussick. Tolman gets through a lot of work for them

Jake did you hear that they wanted to get rid of him?

Yeah a mate with close links to the dogs told me.

Tolman may do a whole heap of work but he doesn't bend the line IMO. Would not swap him with any of our front rowers.

MrT

Juniors
Yeah a mate with close links to the dogs told me.

Tolman may do a whole heap of work but he doesn't bend the line IMO. Would not swap him with any of our front rowers.

I agree, he gets dominated. He might make metres but 100 runs for 100 metres don't cut it. If Jon Mannah stays healthy and we all hope he does, he would be much better, he's huge and can bend the line. I'd swap him for Shackleton but thats it

MrT

Juniors
Might Tolman be the perfect replacement for Hindmarsh?

I hope we pick up Scott Bolton for the backrow. With Tariq Sims and Jason Taumolo coming through, Bolton could be on the outer, he wasn't getting much game time this season. Would be a good pickup.

Tolman would take a props spot in the team though, unless of course we bet SBW for the backrow, otherwise I wouldn't want Tolman

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Surely we need about six of them in the fulltime squad anyway?

Even if we brought someone in from outside the club and re-signed John Mannah that's only five contracted for 2013.

So who's the sixth?

Poore is on huge money (and unlikely to want to take a pay cut).
Moimoi is getting old but can probably also still command huge money from somewhere else.
Shackleton might be the best option. He's still got 4 or more years left in him, and couldn't be too expensive.

Remember we'd be looking for a bench/backup player.

MrT

Juniors
Surely we need about six of them in the fulltime squad anyway?

Even if we brought someone in from outside the club and re-signed John Mannah that's only five contracted for 2013.

So who's the sixth?

Poore is on huge money (and unlikely to want to take a pay cut).
Moimoi is getting old but can probably also still command huge money from somewhere else.
Shackleton might be the best option. He's still got 4 or more years left in him, and couldn't be too expensive.

Remember we'd be looking for a bench/backup player.

Taumila Tautai is about the same size as Tolman, there's your player
Shack is another who gets dominated

hindy111

Post Whore
mannah-Allgood could start 2013...
Moi moi could be a beanch player for another 2 years-he is still playing aweosme can could just go down to 30mins a game.I mean look at petro and webke
Terepo should be ready 2013 and i think could get game time this year! Than there is J.Mannah who may come good.
I would expect shacks to go to england but would offer him a deal and if Poore comes good by round 10 id throw him one instead...So im not sure we need to look outside our currnet stock personaly

Latest posts