What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels front rowers 2013

hindy111

Post Whore
Shacks would be worth keeping if he doesnt cost to much.He had a solid year-Keep in mind he was coming back from a serious injury i think he will be a lot better this year around! Poore is the forgotten man-If he gets going we will have a tremendous pack in 2012.And with the salary cap increases than i say he would be worth $350

bartman

Immortal
OK, are we in trouble in this position for 2013 at the moment?

Signed:
Mannah
Allgood
Terepo (yet to make NRL debut)

Chasing (reportedly):
Lussick

Off contract...:
Moimoi (no indication yet that he's keen to go around again?)
Poore (assumed that he's going somewhere else?)
Hindy (retiring)
Shackleton (twitter villian)

I'd say we need to sign one more prop - in addition to Lussick - to get through the 2013 season. That is, we either have to re-sign Fuifui or Poore, or recruit someone else? Should be a big priority - you can't compete for a whole season without some depth at prop.

emjaycee

Coach
OK, are we in trouble in this position for 2013 at the moment?

Signed:
Mannah
Allgood
Terepo (yet to make NRL debut)

Chasing (reportedly):
Lussick

Off contract...:
Moimoi (no indication yet that he's keen to go around again?)
Poore (assumed that he's going somewhere else?)
Hindy (retiring)
Shackleton (twitter villian)

I'd say we need to sign one more prop - in addition to Lussick - to get through the 2013 season. That is, we either have to re-sign Fuifui or Poore, or recruit someone else? Should be a big priority - you can't compete for a whole season without some depth at prop.

Wasn't 2006 where we ran out of props and JT still got is to the semis?
Can't we just rely on that again?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We should be keeping poore, his form has never been as bad as some make out. He makes good meters, is very good in defence and is getting to the age when props hit their prime . He would not cost a huge amount either . I would say poore is best prop currently off contract in the nrl. As good as Fui has been it may be time to let him go , his defence is starting to let him down and would be around 33 or 34 next year - I would rather let him go a year early then keep him a year to longer.

bartman

Immortal
Perhaps.... we have a heap of backrowers on contract of which some (Tautai?) might handle the front row role.

But we're looking a bit thin up front imo atm. Poore will only be 27 and so should have a good few years ahead of him yet. Fuifui at 32 I'm not so sure...

oldmancraigy

Coach
Tautai is pretty well a prop these days.

Poore would be worth it for $150k - otherwise we can probably find someone else who can offer the same workrate for that price.

I'm not too worried about our prop rotation. We have an Origin level prop (Mannah - although Ricky doesn't like him) and Allgood will only improve each year. Terepo looked really handy last season. Tautai isn't well rated round here because he was a slow center with bad hands - but as a prop he's 110kgs of leg driiiive (he goes alright for a backup of backups).

If we can just find one other NRL quality front rower we'll again have a pretty strong prop rotation.
Lussick and/or Poore would give us a solid rotation again.

EELS-4-EVA

Juniors
Been reading this forum for a couple of years now (generally a good laugh) but I feel I have to comment on this thread. To the great pou.. How do you go from asking so much in the first post to answering and explaining how it all works from page 2? You must be the fastest learner in the country.

strider

Post Whore
pou doesn't simply ask questions to find answers - he does it so that he may proceed to educate all the dumb merkin fans who may happen to give the wrong answers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sometimes I ask questions to stimulate discussion. Sometimes I even want to know what merkins think.

Sometimes I ask because I don't know the answer. People are complicated, even simpletons like you.

EelsFan05

Bench
Sometimes I ask questions to stimulate discussion. Sometimes I even want to know what merkins think.

Sometimes I ask because I don't know the answer. People are complicated, even simpletons like you.

How things Pou? What's your thoughts on the new PNG solution? Also any thoughts on the plummeting Australian dollar?

Latest posts