What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels fume at trashed Manly dressingroom

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...nly-dressingroom/story-e6frfgbo-1225844030603

Eels fume at trashed Manly dressingroom

* Josh Massoud and James Phelps
* March 23, 2010 12:00AM

FRUSTRATED Manly officials will this week cop a hefty repair bill from Parramatta Stadium Trust, which was yesterday shocked to discover a wooden door ripped completely from its hinges inside the away team dressingroom.

Sport Confidential can reveal the heavy door was left dumped against its frame after furious Manly players and coaching staff stormed from Parramatta following their controversial 24-20 loss to the Eels on Sunday.

Stadium spokesman Luke Coleman last night confirmed a damage bill was being prepared for Sea Eagles accountants.

"I went into the away dressingrooms late [yesterday] morning to check everything was OK and found an internal door had been ripped off," Coleman said.

"There was three hinges holding it on to the frame, and all three were gone. It was obviously intentional and we'll be sending Manly a bill."

But veteran Manly media man Peter Peters was boxing clever when we contacted him for a response last night.

"I heard a huge gust of wind and then the sound of a door slamming and coming off at half time," Peters said.

"It must have been the same gust of wind that made the air-conditioning not work in our rooms. There must be some sort of maintenance problem there.

"We're doing work on the dressingrooms at Brookvale now, but we might slow it down on the away sheds for the return clash with Parramatta [in Round 10]."

The incident evoked memories of the colourful aftermath of a Cronulla-Parramatta clash in 2007, when livid Sharks coach Ricky Stuart punched a hole in the visitors' coaching box.

Then-Sharks skipper Paul Gallen offered to have a friend fix the damage, but we reckon Manly would be within their rights to flick the bill on to the NRL thanks to the appalling officialdom that cost them a certain victory.

REFORMED Roosters Todd Carney, Mitchell Pearce and Nate Myles have attracted headlines for staying off the grog, but they have nothing on the Melbourne Storm.

The premiers have not had a drink since their World Club Challenge triumph over Leeds and will stay dry for at least another week. "It is something the boys do every year," a Storm spokesman said.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
they had to remove the door so Peter Peters could fit through.
:lol:

I love the dirty tricks campaign with the lack of air-con for Manly. Great stuff and I hope they return the favour somehow at Brookie. Nothing better than hating Manly and anything that can build the rivalry some more should be encouraged.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
If the air-conditioning was stuffed then you can't really blame them for removing the door, and if that's all the damage that was done to the change room then you could hardly describe it as 'trashed'. This is barely even a story.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
If the air-conditioning was stuffed then you can't really blame them for removing the door, and if that's all the damage that was done to the change room then you could hardly describe it as 'trashed'. This is barely even a story.

Um yeah at my house I rip the door from it's hinges when my air con is on the blink. The wife wonders why I don't just open it instead.

Gronk

Staff member
Would we really turn their air off ? That's dirty pool IMO.

Putting Jamie Lyon's car up on bricks and stealing his wheels on the other-hand, I would accept.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
according to the commentators at the game the air conditioning broke down, but gee Manly area a class act

Kornstar

Coach
I still want to know why there is no focus on the try that Manly were given when it should have been a penalty to us? Are these journalists incapable of telling the whole story????

TheRam

Coach
Sucked in Manly, we made you sweat excessively and generally feel like crap while at Parra Stadium and you lost the unlosable game. Now I ask you, what could be better then that for a round two game?

WoooHoooo!!!

Gronk

Staff member
I still want to know why there is no focus on the try that Manly were given when it should have been a penalty to us? Are these journalists incapable of telling the whole story????

Yep I was thinking that as well. Things could have panned out differently if they didn't score that try. The media seem to be ignoring that.

Also Hasler is barking at the lop sided penalty count in the second half, as if you have a right to an even penalty count. WTF ?

Yep I was thinking that as well. Things could have panned out differently if they didn't score that try. The media seem to be ignoring that.

Also Hasler is barking at the lop sided penalty count in the second half, as if you have a right to an even penalty count. WTF ?

Ballin should have been sent to the sin bin for repeated infringements in the ruck area. Moanly were lucky to get away with as much chit as they did.

Parra Guru

Coach
Good to see Peter Peters respond maturely.

Take 6 off us and 4 off them and we'd have still won by 2.

Suck sh*t Manly scum.

bartman

Immortal
Judging by how much whinging Watmough was doing on the field, I can just visualise the ape walking into the rooms and ripping a door off...

On the pregame show on fox last night that's what was basically said that the manly try should have been a penalty to parra so it evened out in the end and Manly only have themselves to blame for losing after leading 20-0 early in the 2nd half.

Latest posts