What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels fume at trashed Manly dressingroom

Dutchy

Immortal
To those carrying on about Manly saying they are going to boycott 9, not pay etc. Stop believing media stuff without direct quotes hey..

FURIOUS Manly are ready to ban television cameras from their dressing rooms after Channel 9 last night showed dramatic footage of coach Des Hasler ripping a dressingroom door off its hinges at Parramatta Stadium last Sunday.

Speaking with The Daily Telegraph last night, Hasler said: "This is a breach of our privacy."

The vision showed a seething Hasler tearing strips off his players before tearing a door from its frame.

Skipper Jamie Lyon, sitting next to the door, puts up his hand up to protect himself, fearing the door might fall on him. The next shot shows the door completely off its hinges and leaning precariously against its frame.

NRL guidelines state Nine and Fox - the game's broadcasters - can show limited vision before a match, at halftime and then fulltime.

But Manly claim that protocol was abused, with Nine showing an incident that was at least ten minutes after fulltime. The Sea Eagles are filthy at Nine for airing the vision.

Fox Sports had planned to show the same footage on its weekly program, NRL on Fox, last night but pulled it when told of the NRL guidelines. But Nine ignored the edict.

Nine wrongly - and dramatically - claimed Manly would now ban their station from future interviews but co-captain Jason King will appear on The Footy Show tonight.

"We feel this is a breach of the NRL contract and our privacy. There are contracts in place," Hasler said. "From now on, we will consider banning all vision from our dressingroom. We want to know what the guidelines are and how much vision can be shown.

"Until that is sorted out, there will be no more cameras in the Manly dressingroom.

"Nine has abused that privilege. Unfortunately, the losers in all of this will be the fans, Channel 9 and Fox Sports.

"But contrary to reports, Nine won't be banned. Life goes on - but it has raised the abuse of cameras in dressingrooms."

Hasler said he would pay for the damage to the door.

"I will give myself a kick in the pants but it was a very frustrating game," Hasler said.

"I didn't know when I slammed the door it would come off its hinges."

NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said he understood why Hasler was "upset".

"Cameras are allowed in the dressing room for specific purposes and this wasn't one of them." Annesley said.

A Manly source added: "There has to be a line drawn in the sand. How long is too long when filming?

"Surely a coach and his players should be able to spend time alone without prying cameras after an 80-minute drama-charged game in near-40C temperatures."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-on-channel-nine/story-e6frexnr-1225844965181

Parra

Referee
$400 - you've got to be kidding.

Looked more like the stadium falling apart than anything Hasler did.

Hellsy

Immortal
:lol: :lol:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-319-repair-bill/story-e6freye0-1225857829392

IT took some weeks travelling across the city from Parramatta to the northern beaches, but the invoice the Sea Eagles had been waiting for finally arrived at the club's Narrabeen headquarters on Thursday.
The finance manager for the Parramatta Stadium Trust, Pushpa Senaratne, has sent an invoice for $319 (GST included) for the cost of supplying and installing a solid block door for the away dressing-room - the result of an after-match blow up from Manly coach Des Hasler.
We're told the Sea Eagles coach is in no hurry to pay and will insist on two more independent quotes before he even considers paying.
Those who know Hasler say the odds of him paying before Christmas is 100/1. Meanwhile, Manly will closely monitor how the Eels leave the brand-new away dressing-room facilities at Brookvale Oval for the return match on Monday, May 17.
Any broken soap dispenser or toilet roll holder will result in a hefty bill to the Eels.

Suitman

Post Whore
thats not a bad price for a solid door fully installed.

Exactly.
Solid door = around $120 - $150.
4 hours to pick up door, hang it and fit the lock @ $50 (cheap) an hour = $200.

That's already over the price of the invoice. No GST. No profit margin/overheads. No cost for new lock or hinges. No painting. $319 is f**king cheap.

Hasler should thank his lucky stars and pay quick smart.

Suity

Forty20

First Grade
Exactly.

That's already over the price of the invoice. No GST. No profit margin/overheads. No cost for new lock or hinges. No painting. $319 is f**king cheap.

Suity

I wouldn't mind if our boys treated the manly players like that door :D ...though that shiny new change room of theirs will be the very embodiment of temptation for them.

Also, Suity I have been wanting to ask this for a while. What exactly is the colour of your suit?

I wouldn't mind if our boys treated the manly players like that door :D ...though that shiny new change room of theirs will be the very embodiment of temptation for them.

Also, Suity I have been wanting to ask this for a while. What exactly is the colour of your suit?
his suit is every colour

joseph-and-the-amazing-technicolor-dreamcoat_000856_1_MainPicture.jpg

parra pete

Referee
Exactly.

Suity

Four hours......Where are you picking it up from?

Had a bloke down here working on one of the properties..Boss told him to go out and hang a gate.
He was back in ten minutes and the boss said to him "Have you hung that gate yet?"
Reply, "I didn't have any rope, so I chucked it in the River and drowned it"...

strider

Post Whore
well I guess at that price we can safely say Des will have some more issues next time he visits parra stadium ;-)

Latest posts