What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels fume at trashed Manly dressingroom

Parra Guru

Coach
The fact that Peters is somehow trying to justify it just shows what a bad culture the club has. It's an act of vandalism.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
We wouldn't have turned their air-con off would we? That's low tactics if true... maybe something to do with the power in the Video Ref Box not working either?

PS Parra Stadium without Air Con is probably still nicer then Brookvale Oval facilities...

Captain BF

Juniors
according to the commentators at the game the air conditioning broke down, but gee Manly area a class act

If the commentators knew that the air-con had broken down, would it not be fair to assume that there was no air-con for the Eels as well? Did we rip the door off as well?

Glenn

First Grade
We wouldn't have turned their air-con off would we? That's low tactics if true... maybe something to do with the power in the Video Ref Box not working either?

PS Parra Stadium without Air Con is probably still nicer then Brookvale Oval facilities...

Would say a good chance the two are related. Just something else for Moanly to whinge about.

spiderdan

Bench
Yep I was thinking that as well. Things could have panned out differently if they didn't score that try. The media seem to be ignoring that.

Also Hasler is barking at the lop sided penalty count in the second half, as if you have a right to an even penalty count. WTF ?
hasler can be a real peanut at times. he questioned how a 4-1 penalty count in the first half goes to 5-0 against (or something like that) in the second half and he is a first grade coach. simple. penalties tend to favour the side in posession. we kept handing them the ball so they got a higher penalty count when we screwed up. second half we had the majority of the ball. so penalties favoured us. i think in the end possesion ended up close to 50-50 for the whole game after they had the majority in the first half.

Stagger eel

Staff member
he's one for you, a little birdy told me that there's actually no air-con in the away rooms at all...

he's one for you, a little birdy told me that there's actually no air-con in the away rooms at all...
and why should there be?
I remember up at newcastle they used to hose out the away dressing rooms and leave them wet for when the players turned up, so gear bags, clothes etc would all get wet. They didn't even have hooks for the players to hang up there gear off the floors and benches were wet too.
Got to get some hom ground advantage some how.
You could always have no away team dressing shed and they could get changed behind the grandstand in full view of the public.

strider

Post Whore
des must have mistaken the hand drier in the toilets for an air conditioner and got the sh*ts when it was blowing hot :lol:

bildo

Juniors
Sorry, but i am an old fart, and need to do some reminiscing, if thats kewl with you guys. I promise i won't put up a Youtube link, though .

I can remember being at a Parra game when Peter Peters was doing our goal kicking. Each time he kicked a goal, his old man, who was sitting just behind us,would jump to his feet and call out " Thatsa my boy". Fair dinkum. ;-)

He wasn't always a coquehead. What do you reckon, Pete? :)

natheel

Coach
If the air-conditioning was stuffed then you can't really blame them for removing the door, and if that's all the damage that was done to the change room then you could hardly describe it as 'trashed'. This is barely even a story.

R u kidding just open the f**king thing let some air in pulling it off is going to the extreme if the lack of air con was the 'real' reason

Dutchy

Immortal
Stupid of my boys to knock the door off, stupid to complain about no air con either, its the away change rooms, the air con unit is probably 20 years old and never been plugged in..

But a HEFTY bill? Its a couple of hinges for f**k sake, spend $20 max at Bunnings and no problem.

Stupid of my boys to knock the door off, stupid to complain about no air con either, its the away change rooms, the air con unit is probably 20 years old and never been plugged in..

But a HEFTY bill? Its a couple of hinges for f**k sake, spend $20 max at Bunnings and no problem.
I agree 3 hinges and maybe a new door jam, plus tradesman to install only what it costs. Surely wouldn't be more than a few hundred.

Latest posts