What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels gain as Warriors make peace with half

PB

Bench
The situation is nothing like the Lyon scenario.

a) Lyon walked out on his club and team mates after one week of competition.
b) he told lie, after lie, after lie.....

Leuleui is EXACTLY like the Dykes situation. Season ends. He doesnt want to stay, and the club don't care if he leaves.

Nothing hypocritical about it from Parras point of view.

Hurriflatch

Referee
The Colonel said:
Cupid Stunt said:
Can someone point out the bit that says he doesnt want to be here for long?

"I really like it over here and I wouldn't be surprised if, in a couple of years, I ended up back here. But I'm really looking forward to going to Sydney, living on my own and fending for myself. I've got lots of family there, heaps of cousins."

When I read that I thought "here" meant the UK.

chloe

Juniors
New Zealand is used to finishing second and quite honestly, that's a result I would be quite pleased with next season.

Stagger eel

Staff member
chloe said:
New Zealand is used to finishing second and quite honestly, that's a result I would be quite pleased with next season.

except this year the they finished 2nd last!! ;-)

Mzilikazi

Juniors
Nikki said:
Parramatta officials are known to have been angered by the Warriors' stand against his going to another NRL club, and agent Peter Brown has been working hard to convince them to reconsider.

Does anyone else find the above quote a bit hypocritical on the Eels behalf???
Bloody oath!! My heart beats lumpy custard on your behalf. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mzilikazi said:
Nikki said:
Parramatta officials are known to have been angered by the Warriors' stand against his going to another NRL club, and agent Peter Brown has been working hard to convince them to reconsider.

Does anyone else find the above quote a bit hypocritical on the Eels behalf???
Bloody oath!! My heart beats lumpy custard on your behalf. ;-)

lumpy!! custard!! :lol: :lol:

you should really see a doctor about that! :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Davester

Juniors
Hellchick said:
We can practically field a NZ bred team next year......

Nah leave that to the Wests Tigers ;-) Haha! I'm not kidding either if you look at the squad for next year

Cupid Stunt

Hurriflatch said:
The Colonel said:
Cupid Stunt said:

"I really like it over here and I wouldn't be surprised if, in a couple of years, I ended up back here. But I'm really looking forward to going to Sydney, living on my own and fending for myself. I've got lots of family there, heaps of cousins."

When I read that I thought "here" meant the UK.

Thats what I took it as & ment to ask but my poorly phrased question frkd that up! :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
Cupid Stunt said:

The part where he says he likes it in Auckland and could see himself back there in 2 years time.

A: I'm just after a chance to further my career to take Stacey's spot when he's gone
B: Compared to a young kid who wanted a little bit extra to play for the Eels, a kid some say may be the next big thing out of New Zealand.

Hmmmm, which would you take? Come on down Parra, you took option A. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Another dud halfback, replacing one we couldve kept. Just what we needed. :roll:

I have a bad feeling about next year.

PARRA_FAN said:
Another dud halfback, replacing one we couldve kept. Just what we needed. :roll:

If ihad a choice of who to keep Witt or Leulaui I would go with Witt. Leulaui is a step backwards in my opinion I hope he proves me wrong.

Pazza

First Grade
If Penenara is as good as he is made up to be, i wouldn't mind seeing:

6.Penenara
7.Morris
9.Riddell
14.Marsh

strider

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
Cupid Stunt said:

The part where he says he likes it in Auckland and could see himself back there in 2 years time.

A: I'm just after a chance to further my career to take Stacey's spot when he's gone
B: Compared to a young kid who wanted a little bit extra to play for the Eels, a kid some say may be the next big thing out of New Zealand.

Hmmmm, which would you take? Come on down Parra, you took option A. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I think u r confusing what he is saying there....Leuleui is in the UK at the time of this interview and he said "I really like it over here and I wouldn't be surprised if, in a couple of years, I ended up back here." ....he is referring to the UK, not NZ.

Still, it is a bit of a weird attitude to take if you are heading to another club, to be thinking u might be elsewhere in a couple of years......but 2 yrs is a long time in a player's career these days.

PB

Bench
Jake the snake said:
PARRA_FAN said:

If ihad a choice of who to keep Witt or Leulaui I would go with Witt. Leulaui is a step backwards in my opinion I hope he proves me wrong.

I think Leulaui sh!ts all over Witt at this stage of their respective careers....

Iafeta

Referee
strider said:
Iafeta said:
Cupid Stunt said:

Actually I think u r confusing what he is saying there....Leuleui is in the UK at the time of this interview and he said "I really like it over here and I wouldn't be surprised if, in a couple of years, I ended up back here." ....he is referring to the UK, not NZ.

Still, it is a bit of a weird attitude to take if you are heading to another club, to be thinking u might be elsewhere in a couple of years......but 2 yrs is a long time in a player's career these days.

The operative word champ is "back". He is referring to the Warriors. He was also on radio in New Zealand saying he would love to be back at the Warriors in a couple of years. His father, the great James Leuluai is still involved with Bartercard, so a return to Auckland is logical for Thomas as he is very close to his father in particular. Trust me, its definitely not the UK.

Very strange attitude, and not one I'd be entirely comfortable recruiting off considering his best asset is his future, and he seems content on ensuring the best part of that future is spent elsewhere.

Stagger eel

Staff member
hey Iafeta

even with the latest rumblings that negotiationas have stalled between us and Thomas, you still believe his coming over here??

I guess that's what you mean by "it's not the UK"

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
Leuluai will win us a Premiership.

Those hacks like Smith and Green can't.

iba0043l.jpg