What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels game

since77

Juniors
mate he went well
looked identical in performance to Toby excuse the pun :)
smart runs
relentless tackling

considering these two boys are only 19yrs old and only 98kg each you have to guess they will be closer to your 105kg props in the future as fairly lean builds but hard as nails for their age, height, weight

I cant see why they wont be both on our bench for years to come and maybe one of them becoming a lock eventually?

He has no trouble tackling and is fearless, him and JDB should go well next year.
Thanks! Great to hear.

Dragon David

First Grade
In the vast field of dead grass, some green shoots are starting to appear.

That's my take on our last couple of weeks, especially in today's game.
Yes, I can see the improvement of our guys in the recent games. They are starting to put in and also playing as a team and for each other. Now that Hunt's situation has quietened down and he is "over" his whinging, he is getting to his better days even though not fantastic.

Things just didn't go our way in the second half. We needed our guys to stick to how they were playing and not make mistakes and needed that elusive luck to get us a win but as usual the refereeing and bunker decisions didn't help.

As I say, a few good blokes to get signed will help heaps. We already have signed up Dean Young as assistant coach to help with our defence, Dan Lawson as the High Performance Manager and Andrew Gray as the High Performance Consultant. Mark "Piggy" Riddell returns to help in the lower grade. All will be much improved under new head coach Shane Flanagan.

Bring on 2024.

thebigredv

First Grade
If we are judging our coaches on press conference alone than Carr is the best I’ve seen in all my years following Dragons.

this club is purely fodder to the NRL and we need a spokesperson that will at least try keep them honest. We’ve rightfully earns 4 comp points in the last two weeks but instead all we have gotten is the wrath of the referees and judicial system.

Sure, Carr needs to do better in other aspects of coaching but it’s A+ for passion and not backing down. Love it and glad to have him at the club. Don’t think Flanno will be one to roll over in this situation either so here is to fighting back against the regime.

Didn’t see the Tigers game but noticed their coach blowing up to. Let’s not pretend there are not double standards.

justadragon

Bench
I thought Burns did well and although Russell missed a crucial tackle (perfect pass BTW) Russell had 48 something tackles
Agree AG, I thought Russell has done ok since being in the team, I would consider him a solid bench player next year, but I dont know if they are keeping him. As for Burns he has definitely improved over the last few games whether that is enough to save him from Flanno's axe and a rethink, maybe.

denis preston

First Grade
mate he went well
looked identical in performance to Toby excuse the pun :)
smart runs
relentless tackling

considering these two boys are only 19yrs old and only 98kg each you have to guess they will be closer to your 105kg props in the future as fairly lean builds but hard as nails for their age, height, weight

I cant see why they wont be both on our bench for years to come and maybe one of them becoming a lock eventually?
Toby has had a great year & is coming along very well but Ryan showed yesterday why he was considered the better twin before his injury.

Mojo

Bench
We are becoming past masters at running out of puff at the pointy end of games. Infuriating. Even without our workhorse Jack de Belin we were still in the contest until the 60th min when their superior condition told and they overran us.
Dan Lawson has returned as our Hi Performance Manager so expect our fitness and condition to get a real lift. He had us performing to optimum fitness back in 2010 when we won our last premiership, yet we let him go?
Wonder if he has this in mind, slaving our players by running them up Cronulla sand dunes like back in our golden years.
View attachment 77779
The man leading the charge in this 60s pic is legendary fitness guru of the day Percy Cerutty
A 50 page submission to Council setting out the potential environmental impacts and proposed remediation methods is required these days and Council's deliberations and determinations take 12 months for a conditional approval with potential for severe penalties for non-compliance.

Mojo

Bench
If we are judging our coaches on press conference alone than Carr is the best I’ve seen in all my years following Dragons.

this club is purely fodder to the NRL and we need a spokesperson that will at least try keep them honest. We’ve rightfully earns 4 comp points in the last two weeks but instead all we have gotten is the wrath of the referees and judicial system.

Sure, Carr needs to do better in other aspects of coaching but it’s A+ for passion and not backing down. Love it and glad to have him at the club. Don’t think Flanno will be one to roll over in this situation either so here is to fighting back against the regime.

Didn’t see the Tigers game but noticed their coach blowing up to. Let’s not pretend there are not double standards.
I really appreciate Ryan Carr. I think he's done a fantastic job as interim coach. Personally, I'd be happy for him to remain head coach. In any case, I reckon Flanno, Carr and Young will be a formidable combination next year.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
So after replay after replay those idiots yesterday still couldn’t tell whether it was a strip or loose carry. I say bullshit they just made it look like they were trying to dissect the incident when all along they knew it was a strip but oh no couldn’t let the dragons get to 26-10!
Annesley’s analysis was quick and precise.
And Lomax’s tackle was not a penalty.
So does anyone now not think that we were robbed cold blooded?
The worm will turn!

jeffdragon

Bench
So after replay after replay those idiots yesterday still couldn’t tell whether it was a strip or loose carry. I say bullshit they just made it look like they were trying to dissect the incident when all along they knew it was a strip but oh no couldn’t let the dragons get to 26-10!
Annesley’s analysis was quick and precise.
And Lomax’s tackle was not a penalty.
So does anyone now not think that we were robbed cold blooded?
The worm will turn!

Last weeks one and Sloan v Penrith.
That's 3 in one season.
I hope it turns.
I'll be waiting .
Aresholes at the.Nrl.