What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

T.S Quint

Coach
Who really gives a shit what some bloke thinks about where we will finish.
It's all just guessing anyway.
If he ends up being right, well then good on him...but if he's wrong and we do really well this year then we can just sit back and say "Haha, f**k you!"

strider

Post Whore
I think Mark Gasnier is a pretty good judge tbh - he speaks well about the game.

And Greg Pritchard knows his stuff, too.

Gasnier has improved enormously. He has actually become a very good commentator.

The best thing about Gasnier is he seems to have put some thought into what he says and done some research.

Alot in the media just hear a few vague things n make shit up

Suitman

Post Whore
The best thing about Gasnier is he seems to have put some thought into what he says and done some research.

Alot in the media just hear a few vague things n make shit up

Yep, like that doyen of all commentators - Ray Warren.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Who really gives a shit what some bloke thinks about where we will finish.
It's all just guessing anyway.
If he ends up being right, well then good on him...but if he's wrong and we do really well this year then we can just sit back and say "Haha, f**k you!"

Exactly.

^b0ss^

Juniors
just a thought, do we burn the stadium again if we win the comp? they have promised a new one.

T.S Quint

Coach
Gotta do more than just burn it down this time.
We have to outdo what we did the last time.

I say we blow it up, incorporating it into a tremendous fireworks display.

And while that's going on and everyone is distracted, we sneak over and burn down Canterbury Leagues Club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gotta do more than just burn it down this time.
We have to outdo what we did the last time.

I say we blow it up, incorporating it into a tremendous fireworks display.

And while that's going on and everyone is distracted, we sneak over and burn down Canterbury Leagues Club.
I like it!! :lol:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I know he isn't the coach anymore but can we do something to Steve Folkes as well? I've never liked that merkin.

Glenn

First Grade

The Parramatta Eels are set to be buoyed by the news they will not lose competition points with the club expected to meet the NRL's list of corporate governance requests ahead of Monday's deadline.
While the salary cap investigation surrounding third party deals with Anthony Watmough and Jarryd Hayne is a separate issue, Fairfax Media understands the Eels will not be stripped of competition points if there is a breach, and instead face the likelihood of a fine that would be taken out of their salary cap.

Basil Brush

Juniors

The Parramatta Eels are set to be buoyed by the news they will not lose competition points with the club expected to meet the NRL's list of corporate governance requests ahead of Monday's deadline.
While the salary cap investigation surrounding third party deals with Anthony Watmough and Jarryd Hayne is a separate issue, Fairfax Media understands the Eels will not be stripped of competition points if there is a breach, and instead face the likelihood of a fine that would be taken out of their salary cap.

Very good news if true.

However, how can they take a fine out of our salary cap at this late stage? Does that mean we have to release more players?

strider

Post Whore
I think any salary cap deduction would be for the future.

But i dont believe there has ever been a deduction for a technical breach ... surely this would be a technical breach not outright cheating???

I think any salary cap deduction would be for the future.

But i dont believe there has ever been a deduction for a technical breach ... surely this would be a technical breach not outright cheating???

The Hayne one may be a technical breach, but the Watmough one is potentially more serious (even if accidental). That's about failure to disclose a related party, and would be more likely to attract something other than a rap on the knuckles (depending on the circumstances established).

Gronk

Staff member
Cb-hJHRUkAAC3a4.jpg:large

Kornstar

Coach
No surprise Klemmer with his record gets a slap on the wrist.

It's astounding that Junior got 9 weeks when Klemmaer and Taia (I don't think was even charged?) both got off from pretty dubious tackles on the weekend.

Junior deserved time for sure (before someone comes in and sets me straight).