What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Eelementary

Post Whore
Apparently there was some controversy earlier this week, regarding Bevan French doing a press conference, and having to field questions regarding Norman?

Gronk

Staff member
Some merkin has a blog which has Mitchell Moses leading the year to date points as the most mediocre player in the NRL. Ahead of Foran, Bird, Cartwright. :neutral_face: Does he actually watch footy ?

Bazal

Post Whore
Tedeschi is a hack reporter who can't even get a gig for one of the major dross tabloids...

Suitman

Post Whore
Some merkin has a blog which has Mitchell Moses leading the year to date points as the most mediocre player in the NRL. Ahead of Foran, Bird, Cartwright. :neutral_face: Does he actually watch footy ?

What an absolutely merkin of an award to run.
What a grub.
I'm guessing that if there was a similar award for journalism, he'd be top 3 easily.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I'll preface this comment by saying I am very, very frustrated by our 2018 season:

Is he wrong, though?

Is Moses that good?

I can see he has talent, but his desire to come up with idiotic Sandow-esque plays when chasing points is starting to wear thin with me.

I can excuse his lack of confidence, because the team blows - but what has he actually done in 2018?

His second half of 2017 was very good, but aside from that...

We are quick to crucify Corey Norman, but give Moses no slack for his bone-headed plays.

Gronk

Staff member
I'll preface this comment by saying I am very, very frustrated by our 2018 season:

Is he wrong, though?

Is Moses that good?

I can see he has talent, but his desire to come up with idiotic Sandow-esque plays when chasing points is starting to wear thin with me.

I can excuse his lack of confidence, because the team blows - but what has he actually done in 2018?

We are quick to crucify Corey Norman, but give Moses no slack for his bone-headed plays.

He is not the most overrated player in the comp and just in our team, Mennings, Norman and French are having shittier years.

Moses tries hard and TBH is the guy most likely to produce something in a team who have lost their way.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He is not the most overrated player in the comp and just in our team, Mennings, Norman and French are having shittier years.

Moses tries hard and TBH is the guy most likely to produce something in a team who have lost their way.

Fair enough.

I, personally, have lost faith in Moses, tbh.

T.S Quint

Coach
I think Moses is just a victim of trying too hard, tbh.
Nothing is going right, and he is taking it upon himself to fix it (which as the main playmaker, he should).
Problem is he is not showing enough patience, and is getting no help from the team around him.
Last season he had plenty of players in form to pick up the slack. Even Norman, who was below his best towards the end of last year, was playing better than he is this year.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I thought Normans last game was very good. Im a fan of Moses but his performances this year havent been great. Im hopeful Normy will step up next week given he will once again be The Man.

Bazal

Post Whore

Is he wrong, though?

Is Moses that good?

Of course he's wrong. Have you seen Jack Bird? Thurston (this season)? Hell from our own side there are probably six players who have been far worse and about six more that have been somewhat worse...

Kornstar

Coach
I often wonder if other clubs turn on their individual players as quickly as we do? Add coaches to that list too........