What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The conversation was for next year. Salmon won’t be 27 next year.

yeh I get that but you are basing how he will play next year on how he is playing now, so you are not allowing for any improvement, I just dont think thats a fair comparison

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
What mistakes are you referring to? Here is a list of the top 50 players in the NRL in 2018 for total and average errors and Peachey doesn’t feature. He also doesn’t feature in the missed tackles list.

https://www.nrl.com/stats/players?competition=111&season=2018&stat=37

Edit: he does give plenty of penalties away.

Interesting. When watching him he seems to make mistakes the longer he's on the field.

It's disappointing that his profile has been deleted, can't look at in-game stats.

Noise

Coach
yeh I get that but you are basing how he will play next year on how he is playing now, so you are not allowing for any improvement, I just dont think thats a fair comparison

Even with some improvement Salmon will be nowhere near the player Peachey is next year.

Happy MEel

First Grade
We’re discussing next year’s roster. Comparing a 27 year old Peachey with a 27 year old Salmon (in 7 years) probably isn’t a particularly useful comparison.

given their ages that's a pretty unfair comparison

wait till Salmon is Peachy's age (27) then compare them

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He issued a MR some time back saying he would honour his contract

Peachey vows to honour Titans deal
16 Oct, 2018

Tyrone Peachey has assured Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan he will honour his three-year deal with the NRL club, beginning next season.

Peachey caused a stir last month when he revealed he would wait until the end of the NRL finals to decide his future, six months after he inked a deal with the Titans.

That prompted the Titans to insist the 27-year-old wouldn't be released from his deal, but Peachey revealed on Tuesday he'd since cleared the air with Brennan.

"I signed a contract with the Gold Coast and I'm going there. I don't know why everyone is going crazy," said Peachey from the Australian team camp in Auckland.

http://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/id/24993608/peachey-vows-honour-titans-deal

Bolgeel

Juniors

16 Oct, 2018

Tyrone Peachey has assured Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan he will honour his three-year deal with the NRL club, beginning next season.

Peachey caused a stir last month when he revealed he would wait until the end of the NRL finals to decide his future, six months after he inked a deal with the Titans.

That prompted the Titans to insist the 27-year-old wouldn't be released from his deal, but Peachey revealed on Tuesday he'd since cleared the air with Brennan.

"I signed a contract with the Gold Coast and I'm going there. I don't know why everyone is going crazy," said Peachey from the Australian team camp in Auckland.

Yep read that a while back, didn’t think he was a chance but u never know, cheers

Eelogical

Referee

16 Oct, 2018

Probably just as well. Though it's a recipe, Peaches and Salmon are not for everybody.

Chipmunk

Coach
Old IDG was on the TV tonight with his wife on Love It Or List It. It looks like he continued to live in the Shire whilst playing for Parra. They decided to Love it...which surprised me.

T.S Quint

Coach
Old IDG was on the TV tonight with his wife on Love It Or List It. It looks like he continued to live in the Shire whilst playing for Parra. They decided to Love it...which surprised me.

I love that show (i.e. my partner makes me watch it with her).

Thanks for spoilers though. Now there will be no suspense!

I've only seen it once. They chose to list it even though the new place was nowhere near what they wanted, basically cos the husband was a merkin who was deadset on listing and refused to lift a finger to finish the little remaining on their home - despite claiming to be working on the house all the time anyway!

Latest posts