What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Eelementary

Post Whore
At what price? No chance at $500k I reckon. Both he and Peni are outta here. Nothing surer.

At a $9 million cap, his $500,000 salary would represent 5.5% of the cap.

Given what he brings to the team, I think that's a fair amount, to be frank.

He's already scored a few meat pies that no other right forwards in our squad would have, and he is causing damage with his runs.

I believe we need to get away from this archaic notion that players should only earn $x, if they play y minutes, or are able to perform certain tasks on the field that others can't.

Evans' 2020 form off the bench has been one of the most impressive things about our season, I reckon - he's been great, and he will be missed against the Roosters.

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
At a $9 million cap, his $500,000 salary would represent 5.5% of the cap.

Given what he brings to the team, I think that's a fair amount, to be frank.

He's already scored a few meat pies that no other right forwards in our squad would have, and he is causing damage woth his runs.

I believe we need to get away from this archaic notion that playera should only earn $x, if they play y minutes, or are able to perform certain tasks on the field that others can't.

Evans' 2020 form off the bench has been one of the most impressive things aboit our season, I reckon - he's been great, and he will be missed against the Roosters.
Hes definitely shown great improvement from where he was. I know we laugh about the two years it took to get him fit but maybe the same applys to others as well. To date in season 2020, our team looks fitter than at any stage under BAs tenure. Weve obviously made some very poor decisions previously with regard to the required fitness of our players. Hard to argue the improved structure under Markey O, The Bern and the Administrators bestie.

Avenger

Immortal
Hes definitely shown great improvement from where he was. I know we laugh about the two years it took to get him fit but maybe the same applys to others as well. To date in season 2020, our team looks fitter than at any stage under BAs tenure. Weve obviously made some very poor decisions previously with regard to the required fitness of our players. Hard to argue the improved structure under Markey O, The Bern and the Administrators bestie.
The team is fitter because of the program put in place by Trent Elkin. He is the unsung hero of our turnaround.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Good read:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/fr...t-could-be-over-at-parra-20200616-p5533d.html

this is perfect (2018??...)

Sarantinos interrupts. "That's where we have gone wrong in the past. This isn't about building a squad to win a premiership to achieve some sort of fairytale.

"We're trying to build a club that contends for premierships every single year. We may only win one, we may not win any, but we want to make sure the club is built in a way that we go into the start of every season feeling like we are going to be in contention. That has to last forever."

Interesting:

Recruitment once fell solely to the coach, and his relationship with the some players began to deteriorate due to an ability to separate his coaching from negotiations.

"Implementing the roster management committee (coach, CEO, chairman, head of football and head of recruitment), which was one of the key recommendations out of the football department review at the end of 2018, has made a massive difference," Sarantinos says.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
This shows that you can't tackle anyone at the favoured Roosters without the judiciary targeting you, Radley and others from the darlings seem to escape frequently.

The inconsistency is gob smacking, pays to have influence from your chairman and board members, yet another example of targetted players. So frustrating but not unexpected , time for VLandys to take a friggin broom to the MRC.

Gronk

Staff member
They're talking about Brown now on ABC Grandstand and this latest suspension and at what point is he simply a liability to the team.

He has been great the last 2 weeks but he definitely needs to channel that aggression more effectively.
Marata did good at 13 vs Manly. We’ll be fine.

Agree that the loadings will start to make it hard for him. Soon he’ll be getting 4 weeks for an innocuous tap.

Bazal

Post Whore
Might get a downgrade, I thought he hit shoulder and chin pretty much simultaneously so definitely some element of accidental contact.

But with his record I'm not sure it would matter.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
They're talking about Brown now on ABC Grandstand and this latest suspension and at what point is he simply a liability to the team.

He has been great the last 2 weeks but he definitely needs to channel that aggression more effectively.

Was barely a penalty, especially considering radley caught Gutherson much higher earlier in the match and nothing was blown.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Was barely a penalty, especially considering radley caught Gutherson much higher earlier in the match and nothing was blown.
If thats the case we fight the charge and use video of Radleys hit as evidence. Brown is probably guilty but im sick to death of us bending over and just coping whatever is alleged. Time to man up Eels heirachy. Ffs just do it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Might get a downgrade, I thought he hit shoulder and chin pretty much simultaneously so definitely some element of accidental contact.

But with his record I'm not sure it would matter.

I agree, I didn't think he did much wrong, the melee wont help his cause tho

Soto

Bench
Unfortunately he now has a target on his back.
Hargreaves has been charged so many times over the years but has escaped lengthy suspensions.
Roosters are also good at fighting or getting a downgrade.
This is a no brainer to fight it as its the same punishment guilty or early plea.
If you look at it closely Kaufusi goes low and chops Radley and Brown hits him whilst falling. For mine no malice or intent. Just trying to wrap the ball up.
Hopefully common sense prevails and he is let off.
Gross over reaction from Radley and the MRC