What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

T.S Quint

Coach
Did tedesco get charged for taking lane's head off while scrambling ingoal and forcing lane into a HIA? It was quite blatant

I could t believe that wasn’t a penalty. If Lane has the ball in his hands it definitely would have been.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Na just rewatched it and it was a pretty straightforward miss by Mahoney. Maybe Matterson was slightly lazy not pushing across as a cover defender.

Matterson was maker and Mahoney was in the defensive line along side Moses (When the edge forward stands).
I guess it was a great read by Keary knowing both Mahoney and that edge defender were in the previous ruck. If Matterson could have got into position no way Keary goes through. Originally I thought it was fatigue and a really quick ruck caught us out. Hopefully lesson learned. Was so frustrating 2 minutes after my boy and I were dancing and high fiveing in the lounge room.
Lets just blame Terepo and move on. Lol.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Something definitely went wrong with our structure on that tackle. I think Mahoney and Matto made the previous tackle then had to immediately move wide to cover the threat. Thats why Rheed was late.
Yep. Was just good vision by Keary, similar to when he set up the match winning short side play in the grand final. Leilua was caught at marker, meaning Sezer was lined up against Latrell Mitchell.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Na just rewatched it and it was a pretty straightforward miss by Mahoney. Maybe Matterson was slightly lazy not pushing across as a cover defender.

Matterson was maker and Mahoney was in the defensive line along side Moses (When the edge forward stands).
Just a lazy miss by Mahoney. He got there in time but then made poor contact. Matterson was at marker as well and they couldn't both go the same way. Perhaps Matterson was supposed to go right instead? Arthur did say that we got away from our defensive structure on that one.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just a lazy miss by Mahoney. He got there in time but then made poor contact. Matterson was at marker as well and they couldn't both go the same way. Perhaps Matterson was supposed to go right instead? Arthur did say that we got away from our defensive structure on that one.
That whole defensive set was poor, the kick chase and the next 3 or 4 tackles. I reckon once Teddy went down and we hit the lead the whole team took their foot off the gas a bit.

Last edited:

hybrideel

Bench
Who wouldn't have reacted like that after having your arms pinned and then someone throws a few at your face.
Brown was a podgy f**ker back then wasn't he

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts