What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What a dumb arse statement to say about the most effective President in living memory. His Presidency made even more impressive due to him being wrongly maligned and constantly attacked by all of the MSM and then the follow through of the general public that just parrot that message.

Here is a list of his accomplishments mate if you care to know them straight from the WhiteHouse itself since MSM don't like to mention them or refute that any of them even really happened or still praise Obama as being the true architect behind them. Just like you will too no doubt.

• Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
  • More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
  • We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
  • Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
  • Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
  • New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
  • Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
  • African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
  • Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
  • Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
  • Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
  • Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
  • The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
  • 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
  • Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
  • Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
  • As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
  • Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
  • Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
  • Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
  • Record number of regulations eliminated.
  • Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
  • Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
  • My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
  • Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
  • We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
  • Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
  • Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
  • We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
  • Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
  • Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
  • United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
  • Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
  • Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
  • Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
  • NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
  • Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
  • Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
  • Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
  • Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
  • Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
  • Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
  • Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
  • Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
  • Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
  • Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
  • Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
  • Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
  • Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
  • We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.
WhiteHouse.gov

pretty much most of that would not survive the fact checks

TheRam

Coach
pretty much most of that would not survive the fact checks

Of course not. The world is on fire due to Trump. Just keep howling at the sky haters.

Oh and Hunter Biden's laptop isn't anything to worry about as long as that evil f**ker is run out of office. He is the corrupt one. Biden will save us all.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate get over yourself, it has been 34+ seasons. People are entitled to be frustrated, disappointed and angry. How hard is it for whingers like you to understand this? The Eels are our sporting passion!!!

And then we have whingers like you or Pou or whoever that just attack us for caring enough and for being upset about our never ending failure to Premiership glory.
Because you're trying to rob us of our joy and hope you prick. I enjoyed the season, especially all fifteen wins. Only three clubs won more games than we did. And if you're trying to convince us that we'll be shit next year or that were no chance of winning the comp then you're no different to any Eels hating troll and you can f**k off into the sun.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Great book that everyone should read.

images
The white working class are a minority group that needs protection in line with those afforded to other minority groups. Not demonizing them just because they happen to have the same colour skin as the political class.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And yet we still seem to have average sponsors. Lets remember we had the highest ratings including all AFL teams. So basically the number one watched team of any sport in the country. So why haven't we got a Hyundai, Toyota, Fiat, Jaguar, NAB, Zurich, Fujitsu, Emirates, Optus, Samsung or any other major mega company on our jersey and a whole slue of others lining up behind the major sponsor to be part of our number one ranked success story?

And yes I know we currently have sponsors in place, but Parramatta is hardly an over night phenomenon. We have consistently been one of the top rating teams in the country for decades. Even in our terrible years we still rate well so we are great value to any company over all.

We need to start to take advantage of and maximising our full value. We are the power of the league. A giant that doesn't know how to stand up yet. I would be looking at these following types of high end sponsors for our next major sponsor. I would start inquiring with Google as my first option and go from there. Maybe Amazon, IBM, Microsoft. Puma, Red Bull, and G E.

Anyway these are just suggestions of mega names that we never seem to be able to get. Also our minor sponsors are so low profile and no doubt cheaper then if we had major names wanting to jump on. We need to address this. Anyone know what our ALAND deal is worth?
The Roosters and Storm are sponsored by Steggles and RedZed ffs. I don't even know what RedZed sells. It's been a long time since high end sponsors liked Samsung or Asics wanted to be associated with rugby league.

TheRam

Coach
The Roosters and Storm are sponsored by Steggles and RedZed ffs. I don't even know what RedZed sells. It's been a long time since high end sponsors liked Samsung or Asics wanted to be associated with rugby league.

Well it is high time we changed that isn't it? Number one viewed team of any code in the country. Surely high end companies can be persuaded to see the value in that?

But then again miserable losers like you will always have excuses as to why we can't. Maybe you should ride off into the sunset and stop robbing all of us up beat positive smiley types of our wondrous joy you hateful and pathetic troll.

;)

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Of course not. The world is on fire due to Trump. Just keep howling at the sky haters.

Oh and Hunter Biden's laptop isn't anything to worry about as long as that evil f**ker is run out of office. He is the corrupt one. Biden will save us all.
Yeah...anyone who thinks Trump is a dick, loves Biden. How did you come up with that one?

I reckon if you polled most people in Aus they would think that they are both f**king imbeciles. They are embarrassing mate. The US is going down the f**king toilet.

TheRam

Coach
Yeah...anyone who thinks Trump is a dick, loves Biden. How did you come up with that one?

I reckon if you polled most people in Aus they would think that they are both f**king imbeciles. They are embarrassing mate. The US is going down the f**king toilet.

I don't think that they are imbeciles mate. Sure Biden is struggling big time with some kind of dementia now, but he wasn't an imbecile. Don't mistaken embolden corruption for stupidity.

If D. Trump was anywhere near as corrupt as what the MSM, different government agencies and democratic pollies have constantly been saying and trying to portray after the the microscope they have put up his arse for the last 4 years, then he would have been hung by now. But instead every crappy allegation they have accused him of has been literally disproven every time.

Look I am not saying that anyone at Trumps level in business and or politics is squeaky clean, but obviously he isn't anywhere near as dirty as for example the Biden family.

Check this interview on the Tucker Carlson Show with Glenn Greenwald a gay lefty Liberal reporter who has been slapped in the face by reality and the ridiculous level of the corruption we are at right now, so now the left hate him for reporting on the basic FACTS of what is going on.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't think that they are imbeciles mate. Sure Biden is struggling big time with some kind of dementia now, but he wasn't an imbecile. Don't mistaken embolden corruption for stupidity.

If D. Trump was anywhere near as corrupt as what the MSM, different government agencies and democratic pollies have constantly been saying and trying to portray after the the microscope they have put up his arse for the last 4 years, then he would have been hung by now. But instead every crappy allegation they have accused him of has been literally disproven every time.

Look I am not saying that anyone at Trumps level in business and or politics is squeaky clean, but obviously he isn't anywhere near as dirty as for example the Biden family.

Check this interview on the Tucker Carlson Show with Glenn Greenwald a gay lefty Liberal reporter who has been slapped in the face by reality and the ridiculous level of the corruption we are at right now, so now the left hate him for reporting on the basic FACTS of what is going on.

You’ve picked a favourite. I think they are both so deplorable that I can’t pick either of them.

I don’t trust them and can also consume media knowing where their biases lie and assess accordingly.

Sure, there are large parts of the media that are against Trump but I think he’s a bit of a snowflake. There have been countless times where he has been asked legitimate questions that an elected official has a duty to answer and he pulls the “media is out to get me” line.

The best insight we’ve seen was his interview with Jonathan Swan who was one of the few people who was able to get him to respond because of his calm and calculated approach. Anyone who watches that and thinks he is a leader who is in control is kidding themselves.

Also, you should be smarter than to just willingly believe Trump’s assertions that he is the purveyor of truth and the media are lying. That’s Propaganda 101 and we’ve seen countless dictators use the same tactics over time.

If you can believe that Biden is dodgy (which he is) then it isn’t hard to see that Trump is also dodgy.

The only hope in the future for the US is to consider winding back the power that the President has. There is genuine fear and panic amongst the population all because of who might get in and what they might do. Trump fans think it’s the end of the world if Biden gets and vice versa. It shouldn’t f**k with people’s lives like that and is the sign of an unhealthy democracy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well it is high time we changed that isn't it? Number one viewed team of any code in the country. Surely high end companies can be persuaded to see the value in that?

But then again miserable losers like you will always have excuses as to why we can't. Maybe you should ride off into the sunset and stop robbing all of us up beat positive smiley types of our wondrous joy you hateful and pathetic troll.

;)
The point is if inner city clubs like the Storm and Roosters can't help Jaguar or Zurich sell their products why would we? The exception is the Cowboys, who evidently have a bit of traction with the Hilux buying demographic. Eels fans are more the useless whiny merkin demographic, which is why we get dodgy real estate developers and ambulance chasers sponsoring us. What you seem to want, without realising it, is for the club to cater more to people like Gronk, and less to people like you. Be careful what you wish for.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’ve picked a favourite. I think they are both so deplorable that I can’t pick either of them.

I don’t trust them and can also consume media knowing where their biases lie and assess accordingly.

Sure, there are large parts of the media that are against Trump but I think he’s a bit of a snowflake. There have been countless times where he has been asked legitimate questions that an elected official has a duty to answer and he pulls the “media is out to get me” line.

The best insight we’ve seen was his interview with Jonathan Swan who was one of the few people who was able to get him to respond because of his calm and calculated approach. Anyone who watches that and thinks he is a leader who is in control is kidding themselves.

Also, you should be smarter than to just willingly believe Trump’s assertions that he is the purveyor of truth and the media are lying. That’s Propaganda 101 and we’ve seen countless dictators use the same tactics over time.

If you can believe that Biden is dodgy (which he is) then it isn’t hard to see that Trump is also dodgy.

The only hope in the future for the US is to consider winding back the power that the President has. There is genuine fear and panic amongst the population all because of who might get in and what they might do. Trump fans think it’s the end of the world if Biden gets and vice versa. It shouldn’t f**k with people’s lives like that and is the sign of an unhealthy democracy.
I'd say Coronavirus and the BLM riots have shown how little power the US President actually has domestically.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The point is if inner city clubs like the Storm and Roosters can't help Jaguar or Zurich sell their products why would we? The exception is the Cowboys, who evidently have a bit of traction with the Hilux buying demographic. Eels fans are more the useless whiny merkin demographic, which is why we get dodgy real estate developers and ambulance chasers sponsoring us. What you seem to want, without realising it, is for the club to cater more to people like Gronk, and less to people like you. Be careful what you wish for.
Maybe we can secure a sponsor from Breitbart?

Latest posts