What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The Eels are keeping a close eye on Blake Ferguson. The former Origin winger has been going through some big off-field issues that have affected his family life. There was speculation this week he was in rehab, but the Eels have denied that. They don’t deny he has problems he needs to work through. Ferguson is off-contract at the end of next year and has been told he is not part of the club’s long-term plans. Last year, he played a significant role in the try that decided the Origin series. This year he was not even in the mix.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/meninga-ignored-warnings-about-titans-culture-20201128-p56iso.html

Gronk

Staff member
SMH article

re Flash Gordon’s arrest

Gordon’s arrest shocked the NRL, as he was seen as one of the game’s good guys. But since his arrest, this column has heard other players with links to Parramatta – where Gordon played in 2016 – have come forward to raise concerns about him.

re Blake Ferguson

The Eels are keeping a close eye on Blake Ferguson. The former Origin winger has been going through some big off-field issues that have affected his family life. There was speculation this week he was in rehab, but the Eels have denied that. They don’t deny he has problems he needs to work through. Ferguson is off-contract at the end of next year and has been told he is not part of the club’s long-term plans. Last year, he played a significant role in the try that decided the Origin series. This year he was not even in the mix.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/meninga-ignored-warnings-about-titans-culture-20201128-p56iso.html

Eelementary

Post Whore

I hope Blake gets the help he needs.

84 Baby

Referee
So is anyone else wondering why the cops tapped Haynes phone weeks after (no offence to the victim) a relatively minor sexual assault alleged incident?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I wonder if it’s a ploy to push him out of the club....

he posted that his partner is pregnant this week so not to sure how correct the Danny report is

I would hope not - that sort of behaviour from the club would disappoint me enormously.

If you don't want Blake around, just man up, and tell him he's not needed any more - don't play these games, imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So is anyone else wondering why the cops tapped Haynes phone weeks after (no offence to the victim) a relatively minor sexual assault alleged incident?

I'm not too sure, but I'd wager that the law enforcement officials raised concerns over his alleged behaviour in the USA, as well as his alleged behaviour in Newcastle, and want to nip this in the bud, before anyone else potentially gets hurt.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I would hope not - that sort of behaviour from the club would disappoint me enormously.

If you don't want Blake around, just man up, and tell him he's not needed any more - don't play these games, imo.
They did that. That article from weidler is the lowest form of gutter journalism. Vague enough to cast nasty aspersions but not enough detail to get him trouble if it's wrong. We have nothing to lose by Blake finishing the year with us, even if it's on the sideline.

strider

Post Whore
I assume maybe Hayne may have been part of "party time on the Goldy" investigations - given Hayne spilt that sugar on his table once.

Perhaps that was a long investigation? And he was still monitored even after having left??? .... just having a guess

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
128174229_10157648021272093_7722578173091638739_n.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

You can't terminate a contract just because a bloke is no longer needed. But maybe you can if he Fuchs up bad enough.