What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

lucablight

First Grade
Well yeah, the ones who are about 27 are playing to their potential while the ones who are much younger aren't yet. These include spine players Mahoney and Drown.
Some of the older guys aren’t playing to their potential either. I don’t think guys like Waqa Blake, Matterson and Lane are playing to their potential. I don’t think the team as a whole moves the ball well or runs good lines in the opposition 20m zone.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Some of the older guys aren’t playing to their potential either. I don’t think guys like Waqa Blake, Matterson and Lane are playing to their potential. I don’t think the team as a whole moves the ball well or runs good lines in the opposition 20m zone.

Makes you wonder what on earth the coaching staff are watching when reviewing games when it comes to our attack.

Everyone is so flat footed is ridiculous barely anyone is moving with any energy off the ball compared to penrith who have players in motion even if not involved in the play

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Makes you wonder what on earth the coaching staff are watching when reviewing games when it comes to our attack.

Everyone is so flat footed is ridiculous barely anyone is moving with any energy off the ball compared to penrith who have players in motion even if not involved in the play
Shutup and take the $750K/year you greedy merkin!

lucablight

First Grade
I

If the likes of Yeoh and Capewell can be origin players why not Matterson and Lane?

strider

Post Whore
Kent is 100% on the money. Gutho is either a malicious little shit or completely f**ken stupid. He is a bit of dead head but there's no way that he's unaware of what Ayoub is doing. Not the actions of a player dedicated to our club imo.

Its completely uneccessary and will heap further pressure on a team that is shithouse at dealing with pressure.
ive always been a big gutho fan, but yeah, its pretty hard to believe he has no idea whats going on .... and if he doesnt, then now he knows and should have a word to his manager to cut the shit

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Too busy writing letters to send out to the fans under the pseudonym Junior Paulo. Like that’s a real name.

strider

Post Whore
I bet bevan french never personally wished me a happy birthday when i was member too ..... fmd, this world just gets worse and worse

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
gee you gotta laugh, this is the Telecrap's take on the above Tweet

Does Ayoub overrate how popular Gutherson is with the fans? Hoping we pressure the club to JUST GET IT DONE FFS!!

I wonder who really decided to postpone negotiations? There's been a media narrative that we lack a superstar, which obviously reflects on Gutherson. As a shorthand, here's how his fantasy points have gone this year. Anyone feel free to add a timechart:

RoundOpponentFantasy points
12Souths33
13Newcastle79
14Wests69
15Canterbury55
16Penrith36
18Gold Coast88
19Canberra43
20Easts61
21Souths23

Certainly, Souths know how to shut him down. His numbers against the Chooks were blown out by their shitty kicking game allowing a lot of kick return metres. But Gutherson is a stats padder from way back, which is not to say he's not a good player, he just isn't as good as his high involvement makes it appear. Sometimes he should just catch and pass so someone else can make the big play.

Anyway, it would have benefited Gutherson and Ayoub (but not us) to get the deal done before the Penrith game, but certainly before we started this six round horror run. I can't see his value increasing by the end of the finals. Maybe that's why Gutherson wigged out at his team mates a couple of weeks ago. He could see his value dropping sharply between then and the first of November.