What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Around around around we go on the Pou go around where we stop you never know!!

But it’s always very exciting!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If the Eels were playing better than we would have a lot of our players on the cusp of origin selection playing instead of other teams. In 2014 Souths had Inglis, Te’o and McQueen as their only origin players that season. I would hardly call Te’o and McQueen elite players. It was only 9 months ago we had Paulo, Brown and Gutherson play origin which is the same number as Souths that season. So the question has to be asked. Do we not have more origin players because they are not talented enough or because the team is not playing well enough?

that south’s side had 2 of the greatest players of the last 20 years Inglis / Burgess….. they made everyone look good…plus Reynolds was 3 years into his NRL career…

I wouId say if we replaced Gutho with Inglis/Paulo with Burgess (and add Fergo to cover the salary costs), we will be serious contenders this year….

even if we needed some cheapies in the top 17 like stone / oldfield/Makatoa….

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Where did South finish on the ladder and in the finals series in 2019 and where did Penrith? You’re literally proving my point.
Not really. Souths finished higher in 2019 because they had better players. Penrith didn't because their players weren't yet good enough. They had the same f**ken coach they had in 2020/21. It's not his fault they weren't good enough in 2019. And Souths had a great team before Bennett got there. That's why Seibold was able to get them so far.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Not really. Souths finished higher in 2019 because they had better players. Penrith didn't because their players weren't yet good enough. They had the same f**ken coach they had in 2020/21. It's not his fault they weren't good enough in 2019. And Souths had a great team before Bennett got there. That's why Seibold was able to get them so far.
Just think of what he could do with our outstanding roster.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Has Souths done any better under Bennett?

2018 (Seibold): 3rd, lost prelim
2019 (Bennett): 3rd, lost prelim
2020 (Bennett): 6th, lost prelim
2021 (Bennett): currently 3rd

Maybe we should sign Seibold?

Noise

Coach
Has Souths done any better under Bennett?

2018 (Seibold): 3rd, lost prelim
2019 (Bennett): 3rd, lost prelim
2020 (Bennett): 6th, lost prelim
2021 (Bennett): currently 3rd

Maybe we should sign Seibold?
I know you are taking the piss but I think Seibold is the exact opposite of BA. Has a deep understanding of rugby league but a poor manager of players. It would be like going from one extreme to the other. No thank you.

Chipmunk

Coach
I know you are taking the piss but I think Seibold is the exact opposite of BA. Has a deep understanding of rugby league but a poor manager of players. It would be like going from one extreme to the other. No thank you.

Seems like a fairly handy Assistant though. I'd suspect better than our current two. I would assume there is a previous relationship there at the Storm?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It would be like Seaplod replacing Bennett all over again.

84 Baby

Referee
Massive improvement on BA and Murphy.
Must be why they have jobs as commentators. That said if both of them weren’t such f**knuts, I’d probably agree with you. But they are who they are and any decision to switch BA for either should not be taken lightly

lucablight

First Grade
that south’s side had 2 of the greatest players of the last 20 years Inglis / Burgess….. they made everyone look good…plus Reynolds was 3 years into his NRL career…

I wouId say if we replaced Gutho with Inglis/Paulo with Burgess (and add Fergo to cover the salary costs), we will be serious contenders this year….

even if we needed some cheapies in the top 17 like stone / oldfield/Makatoa….
That’s what I’m saying. It’s overly simplistic to compare sides by just the number of origin players.
Right. So Penriths players started playing to their potential in 2020. Do you honestly believe our players are playing to their potential? Matterson and Lane were looked at as potential origin players. They aren’t even in the picture at the moment. Whose job is it to get the best out of their players?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Right. So Penriths players started playing to their potential in 2020. Do you honestly believe our players are playing to their potential?
Well yeah, the ones who are about 27 are playing to their potential while the ones who are much younger aren't yet. These include spine players Mahoney and Drown.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Kent is 100% on the money. Gutho is either a malicious little shit or completely f**ken stupid. He is a bit of dead head but there's no way that he's unaware of what Ayoub is doing. Not the actions of a player dedicated to our club imo.

Its completely uneccessary and will heap further pressure on a team that is shithouse at dealing with pressure.

Latest posts