What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Name names and provide quotes of people on here not showing him respect
Yeah nah. If you don’t know what I am talking about, then you must have been living under a rock. Sterlo has been easy fodder whenever he backs the scapegoat de jour on these pages.

Suitman

Post Whore
So, I was just listening to MMM.
Maroon asked Hooper, Tallis and Kent, what were their favourite Grand Finals.
Hooper said 2003, when the hot favorites the Roosters were beaten by the Panthers, and he gave his reasons, all logical and a good summation.
Tallis picked a Broncos Grand Final that he played in. I missed which year it was but a lot of the talk was about Kevin Walters and the inspiration he was.
Kent, named 1986 and the Eels 4 - 2 win over the Bulldogs.
He went on to explain what an inspiration Price and Cronin were and how important they were to the team.
In the 11 years Price was at the club, he played in 7 Grand Finals and won 4.
In the 10 years Cronin was at the club, he played in 6 Grand Finals and won 4.
His point was that those two players were so integral to our success during our era of success.
Despite having the talents of Ella, Grothe, Sterling, Kenny, Muggleton, Moseley, Bugden etc, that continued to play on the year after, and replacing Price with Qld lock Bob Lindner, we were never the same after those two players retired.
It was an inspiring summation of our 1986 team, and I was quite impressed that Kent put this one forward.

I know a lot on here dislike both Kent and Hooper, mainly due to their efforts on NRL 360, but seriously, they are both very good on the Sunday MMM show. So is Gordy Tallis for the record. I'm not sure what the difference between tv and radio is, but Kent and Hooper are actually quite funny and relaxed on this Sunday show that runs from 1-3 pm.
At 3 pm, Kent leaves, and James Graham comes in from 3 - 4 pm, which adds another dimension as he is such a great RL analyst. Maroon calls this part of the show "Happy Hour", because Kent has gone. Lol.

Seriously, this Sunday MMM show is the best RL show in all the media. Maroon is a fantastic host and very funny.
It's a 1000 times better than those dopes on 2GB.

Incorrect

Coach
Hooper said 2003, when the hot favorites the Roosters were beaten by the Panthers, and he gave his reasons, all logical and a good summation.
Tallis picked a Broncos Grand Final that he played in. I missed which year it was but a lot of the talk was about Kevin Walters and the inspiration he was.
He went on to explain what an inspiration Price and Cronin were and how important they were to the team.
His point was that those two players were so integral to our success during our era of success.
Despite having the talents of Ella, Grothe, Sterling, Kenny, Muggleton, Moseley, Bugden etc, that continued to play on the year after, and replacing Price with Qld lock Bob Lindner, we were never the same after those two players retired.
It was an inspiring summation of our 1986 team, and I was quite impressed that Kent put this one forward.

I know a lot on here dislike both Kent and Hooper, mainly due to their efforts on NRL 360, but seriously, they are both very good on the Sunday MMM show. So is Gordy Tallis for the record. I'm not sure what the difference between tv and radio is, but Kent and Hooper are actually quite funny and relaxed on this Sunday show that runs from 1-3 pm.
At 3 pm, Kent leaves, and James Graham comes in from 3 - 4 pm, which adds another dimension as he is such a great RL analyst. Maroon calls this part of the show "Happy Hour", because Kent has gone. Lol.

Seriously, this Sunday MMM show is the best RL show in all the media. Maroon is a fantastic host and very funny.
Yep, I've posted before about the phenomenal influence Price had on our club. His record and the fortunes of our team when he joined to when he retired are inextricably linked. It's too hard to argue against. Different coaches, different styles but Pricey was the glue and tenacity we have never found a replacement for.

If you asked me 5, 10 or 20 years ago who/what we have been missing to take us to the promised land, I would've said a Kenny or Sterling.... It's only the last 3 or 4 years that I've realised how critical Ray Price was. Sterlo will admit if you ask him. Pricey was the selfless professional long before anyone knew what that was... His contribution to our (little bit of) success can never overstated IMO. Should be an immortal - no question.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yep, I've posted before about the phenomenal influence Price had on our club. His record and the fortunes of our team when he joined to when he retired are inextricably linked. It's too hard to argue against. Different coaches, different styles but Pricey was the glue and tenacity we have never found a replacement for.

If you asked me 5, 10 or 20 years ago who/what we have been missing to take us to the promised land, I would've said a Kenny or Sterling.... It's only the last 3 or 4 years that I've realised how critical Ray Price was. Sterlo will admit if you ask him. Pricey was the selfless professional long before anyone knew what that was... His contribution to our (little bit of) success can never overstated IMO. Should be an immortal - no question.
Price did it at every level. Definitely an immortal in my eyes.
I remember hopping on a bus in The Goldie years ago and Pricey was the driver. I sat behind him and we chatted about Our Club. The pain he expressed at not being involved with the club was sad to hear. It was during Kearneys tenure and he just kept saying "I know I can help". He was so disappointed yet so keen. Legend.

84 Baby

Referee
I watched the 30 for 30 episode I Hate Christian Laettner yesterday. I reckon Price especially was that type of person that we currently don’t have. The top line player who is also a complete asshole, but is in such a way that he makes his teammates better

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I watched the 30 for 30 episode I Hate Christian Laettner yesterday. I reckon Price especially was that type of person that we currently don’t have. The top line player who is also a complete asshole, but is in such a way that he makes his teammates better
A Cameron Smith type if you will.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah nah. If you don’t know what I am talking about, then you must have been living under a rock. Sterlo has been easy fodder whenever he backs the scapegoat de jour on these pages.
I've put shit on Sterlo on here but it was done ironically.

TheRam

Coach

Pricey has and always will be my favorite and best ever player. If the likes of Meninga can be an immortal then Pricey should be made a Superior Grand Regal Immortal in comparison.

They really cheapened the immortals by adding MM into the club.

King-Gutho94

Coach
With sterlo gone Parramatta are going to have no presence in the media moving forward from ex players.

Seems to be dominated by ex roosters and panthers players.

yy_cheng

Coach

I used to live 3 doors away from Maroon . Great dude. Drinks alot

Latest posts