What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tapau probably takes 1 bench spot when he signs…..as rumours suggest….
He’s not the player he was but could still churn out a decent 20-25 mins to replace one of Paulo or Reg. If it’s 1 year plus one more in our favour at a decent price it’s smart buying because there is SFA else on the market atm.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
As Pou pointed out the other day. Between Paulo, Reg, Hopgood, and Matterson we likely have 220/240 minutes covered in the middle. I think whoever doesn't go to the right edge out of Murchie, Doorey, and Mataele will be on the bench.
Isn't only one of the 3 is a middle player?

We usually replace the middles.

Unless that backrower (that is also a middle) starts on the edge and shifts to the middle.

1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Penisini
4. Waqa
5. Dunster/Simonssen

6. Brown
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Hodgson
10. RCG
11. One of the above
12. Lane
13. Hopgood

14. JA

15. Matto
16. Makatoa
17. Tapau

That's the team that I reckon BA would choose first and form and injury hits, it will change

It's for the players to lost their spots.

eels_fan

First Grade
I don’t see JA being there unless one of Moses or Brown is carrying something and a risk of not lasting 80.

Im sure I read that BA wants his leading cup next year so he’s getting 80min experience every week and will be used as a genuine replacement half when needed in firsts, but not in the bench role

yy_cheng

Coach
I don’t see JA being there unless one of Moses or Brown is carrying something and a risk of not lasting 80.

Im sure I read that BA wants his leading cup next year so he’s getting 80min experience every week and will be used as a genuine replacement half when needed in firsts, but not in the bench role
For some reason, I beg to differ irrespective of what BA says.

Our options for 14 atm are :-

Rein - i reckon he is totally for backup

Hands - Very little experience last year at hooker in NSW cup, can't see him playing 14 in NRL. More like 14 in NSW Cup

The new guy with the cool name - Maybe.... but if his defence is crapola.

JA - NRL experience. GF Experience. Can play in the halves and hooker. Good defence in the middle (not out wide though as his lateral movement is slow)

JA may not be a half in the future but a hooker like Cam Smith who reads the play well and can guide the team from their.

Who do you really think he will choose at 14?

IFR33K

Coach
For some reason, I beg to differ irrespective of what BA says.

Our options for 14 atm are :-

Rein - i reckon he is totally for backup

Hands - Very little experience last year at hooker in NSW cup, can't see him playing 14 in NRL. More like 14 in NSW Cup

The new guy with the cool name - Maybe.... but if his defence is crapola.

JA - NRL experience. GF Experience. Can play in the halves and hooker. Good defence in the middle (not out wide though as his lateral movement is slow)

JA may not be a half in the future but a hooker like Cam Smith who reads the play well and can guide the team from their.

Who do you really think he will choose at 14?

sterling, Cronk and now cam smith. That’ll do me