What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
I think Penrith are a good example of this. Their backs aren’t plodders but they certainly weren’t loaded with X factor players (apart from Crichton who is no Inglis, Tahu, Gasnier either)
I do think that X factor players will clinch a win from nowhere. They can be the difference between making the semis and not. Not missing crucial GK even fits that description. Hi Mitch.

Low error rate and low squad turnover are crucial as well.

Turning the ball over and missing crucial tackles is derp fundamental.

You also can’t have a successful season if you’re struggling to keep your top 20 on the paddock.

lucablight

First Grade
I do think that X factor players will clinch a win from nowhere. They can be the difference between making the semis and not. Not missing crucial GK even fits that description. Hi Mitch.

Low error rate and low squad turnover are crucial as well.

Turning the ball over and missing crucial tackles is derp fundamental.

You also can’t have a successful season if you’re struggling to keep your top 20 on the paddock.
I dont even think it’s entirely correct that we don’t have X factor players. I think Drown and Moses have the talent to be that type of player.

Gronk

Staff member
I dont even think it’s entirely correct that we don’t have X factor players. I think Drown and Moses have the talent to be that type of player.
Agree. It’s a matter of consistency. Brown really needs to stamp himself as either just a really good player or GOAT. He needs to be the difference like Rhys Walsh or Munster shows they are quite often. I think he did that in the NZ test BTW.

eels_fan

First Grade
Talk of Parramatta wanting to sign an x-factor to help facilitate Clint Gutherson’s move into the centre sent tongues wagging. But what if the answer to Parramatta’s x-factor is not on the open market but right under their noses in young gun Blaize Talagi, who was named at fullback in the first trial. Talagi isn’t ready to usurp Clint Gutherson as Parramatta’s x-factor answer but injecting the youngster where he is more comfortable, at centre, could be the answer. His ability to create as a playmaker could also come to the fore. Will Penisini has a lock on one spot with Bailey Simonsson and Morgan Harper to battle it out for the other spot. If Talagi has more x-factor potential than either Simonsson and Harper it makes sense to accelerate an NRL debut for the youngster

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think we had Richard Penisini pencilled in for the other centre spot, obviously when he is ready, till he got injured.

Talagi was safe, except for 1 f**k up that I saw, also showed he need to do some growing up and strength/conditioning.

2 years away from what I saw

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
he's 18 till he's 19

he played like an 18 year old, he looks good but needs to build up
He’s lightweight, but very strong for his size. Bevan French was similar. Talagi needs to put some weight on, and with his ethnic background you’d expect that will happen sooner rather than later. Bevan French still looks like he only weighs 80kg.

Looks like free-to-air NITV is showing one game of UK Superleague per week this season... currently about to kick off is a replay of Saturday's Round 1 Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors game.

Ex-Eels include Elie El-Zakham in the Cas starting side (wearing #11), and Jai Field and Bevan French in the Wigan side (#1 and #6 respectively).

Gutho at number 37, no Eels listed between 41-50. Moses presumably features in the forthcoming articles about the top 30, as he is pictured in the splash graphic for the series...

If Gutho is ranked 37, I don't think any other Eels merkin other than he and Moses makes this list?

Latest posts