What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

TheRam

Coach
If I'm being nice plodder is the best description for him.

Hell...crapolla if I'm being honest. Good luck Storm, not every player that goes the makes it. He will be another to fail to reach any great heights.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Storm have always had plenty of plodders. These merkins have all won premierships with them:

Brenko Lee
Curtis Scott
Jordan McLean
Tim Glasby
Slade Griffin
Sisa Waqa
Dane Nielsen
Bryan Norrie
Jaiman Lowe
Richie Fa'aoso

Angry_eel

First Grade
If I'm being nice plodder is the best description for him.

Hell...crapolla if I'm being honest. Good luck Storm, not every player that goes the makes it. He will be another to fail to reach any great heights.
So how did he actually go in Union? Was he so crap he left mid-season?

Happy MEel

First Grade
So how did he actually go in Union? Was he so crap he left mid-season?
Well he wasn’t one of the better players in the Shute Shield (club rugby) so I’d say not great. The ARU/Waratahs invested far too heavily in him and he’ll go down as another failed experiment.

Gronk

Staff member
Well he wasn’t one of the better players in the Shute Shield (club rugby) so I’d say not great. The ARU/Waratahs invested far too heavily in him and he’ll go down as another failed experiment.
I believe that he started twice in 2 years for the Waratahs. Most weeks he didn't even make the 7 man bench.

TheRam

Coach
The Storm have always had plenty of plodders. These merkins have all won premierships with them:

Brenko Lee
Curtis Scott
Jordan McLean
Tim Glasby
Slade Griffin
Sisa Waqa
Dane Nielsen
Bryan Norrie
Jaiman Lowe
Richie Fa'aoso

I would say that he is even behind most of these blokes and being out of the game for what, 3 seasons now, won't be doing him any favours. At his best he is a solid middle tackler as long as he doesn't need to defend laterally. But his overall go forward is abysmal. Reserve grade stuff. I would hazard a guess that Bellyache, losing Finucane, is trying to shore up his middle and seeing if he can turn a former junior wonder boy into a worthy replacement. It allows him the remainder of this season, while Finucane is still there, to see if he is up to it. If not he will probably go in a different direction. But from the coaches point of view he is a very cheap and virtually no risk experimental option for them to try.

I just can't see Tepai being anything more then a fringe, when desperate option at best. But the Storms forwards and overall team is that good that for the occasional fill in here and there, he would be fine. He just needs to learn how to tackle again. If he can do that, then he would be an option when they need it.

crocodile

Bench
Went as expected. Tried to turn him into an inside centre behind a wobbly forward pack. No surprises that he's got the shits and quit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would say that he is even behind most of these blokes and being out of the game for what, 3 seasons now, won't be doing him any favours. At his best he is a solid middle tackler as long as he doesn't need to defend laterally. But his overall go forward is abysmal. Reserve grade stuff. I would hazard a guess that Bellyache, losing Finucane, is trying to shore up his middle and seeing if he can turn a former junior wonder boy into a worthy replacement. It allows him the remainder of this season, while Finucane is still there, to see if he is up to it. If not he will probably go in a different direction. But from the coaches point of view he is a very cheap and virtually no risk experimental option for them to try.

I just can't see Tepai being anything more then a fringe, when desperate option at best. But the Storms forwards and overall team is that good that for the occasional fill in here and there, he would be fine. He just needs to learn how to tackle again. If he can do that, then he would be an option when they need it.
He ran for 100+ metres in three of his last five games for us. His problem wasn't ability, it was all the concussions that kept him off the field.

Latest posts