What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

JokerEel

First Grade
The Club is going to be pushing the proverbial shit up a hill due to the Managers Moses and Brown have..

Gavin Orr and Issac Moses .

Avenger

Immortal
The article indicates we've offered Moses $950k a year. The Club is dreaming if they think that is market value. If they're not prepared to stump up at least $1.1 million a season they're kidding themselves.
I’d say that is how much his contract is for 2023 unless we upgrade it.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm curious to what have we signed Asi for. Is it a NSW Cup contract? Train and Trail?? Turn up and tell jokes??? He still doesn't appear on the official site and the announcement was the most pathetically ambiguous social media post.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It’s laughable that the media are saying we can’t afford Drown / Moses, while the tigers / dog’s are going on shopping sprees and will blow us away when their offers…..…

if we don’t re-sign them it won’t be because we can’t afford them, it’s because we are won’t increase our offers…

the media with all their bulllshit talk about us not having cap space fail to mention our starting backline is all off contract as well……..so how can we not have cap space?

our only big name players on contract next year are Gutho, Paulo, Lane, Matterson and RCG…..even over estimating they are on $800k, that’s only $4 million…..even adding Hodgson on $500k (which is highly unlikely), that’s only $4.5 million. Can’t be many other 2024 contracted player being on $250k plus (maybe Hopgood/Simonson)….

I reckon our cap is in decent shape…..nothing like reported in the media…

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s laughable that the media are saying we can’t afford Drown / Moses, while the tigers / dog’s are going on shopping sprees and will blow us away when their offers…..…

if we don’t re-sign them it won’t be because we can’t afford them, it’s because we are won’t increase our offers…

the media with all their bulllshit talk about us not having cap space fail to mention our starting backline is all off contract as well……..so how can we not have cap space?

our only big name players on contract next year are Gutho, Paulo, Lane, Matterson and RCG…..even over estimating they are on $800k, that’s only $4 million…..even adding Hodgson on $500k (which is highly unlikely), that’s only $4.5 million. Can’t be many other 2024 contracted player being on $250k plus (maybe Hopgood/Simonson)….

I reckon our cap is in decent shape…..nothing like reported in the media…
I’m sure we could afford to match the offers for either of them, just not for both.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Funny how the media are laying the boot into us for having Dylan and Moses off-contract at the same time. Meanwhile rabbitohs have Mitchell, Walker, and Cook off-contract at the same time. A bunch of other clubs have players all coming off-contract at the end of next year, sharks have most of their backline off-contract. Almost as if managers tied their clients' contracts to when the CBA was set to be renegotiated.

Gronk

Staff member
Funny how the media are laying the boot into us for having Dylan and Moses off-contract at the same time. Meanwhile rabbitohs have Mitchell, Walker, and Cook off-contract at the same time. A bunch of other clubs have players all coming off-contract at the end of next year, sharks have most of their backline off-contract. Almost as if managers tied their clients' contracts to when the CBA was set to be renegotiated.
Well actually Dylan’s contract was up 2022 with a player option and Moses was up 2023 with a player option. Amirite?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I know a lot of you merkins are critical of TCT as blue and gold puffery, but (I guess unsurprisingly) I lap this shit up.

Yeah I enjoy it also. Better than the general media beat ups. Im pleased to hear good words spoken about Dan Keir. Hes the merkin that chased and caught Jake to take the pass and score after Jake had taken the intercept 90 meters out and wasnt going to make it to the try line. He looks a goer.