What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

T.S Quint

Coach
How many players have stood down indefinitely with this 'no fault' rule?
And how many of those players were ventually found not guilty?

I know DeBelin wasn't found not guilty, but the charges were dismissed, right?

T.S Quint

Coach

Yeah I think he was the first one, but the NRL supposedly suspended him not for the crime he was alleged to have done but for supposedly 'being drunk at an offical NRL function'. Which he wasn't.

He was only suspended for four weeks if I remember correctly, not for an indefinate amount of time.

Dylan Walker was stood down. Found not guilty.
Tui Kamikamica was stood down. Charges were dropped.
Talatau Amone stood down. Then was allowed to play after his assault charge got moved to a local court.
Luciano Leilua was stood down. Charges were dropped.
Teui Robati was stood down. I believe the matter is still before the courts.

I'm not sure if there are any more, but from what I can see none of the players have been found guilty (yet).

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah I think he was the first one, but the NRL supposedly suspended him not for the crime he was alleged to have done but for supposedly 'being drunk at an offical NRL function'. Which he wasn't.

He was only suspended for four weeks if I remember correctly, not for an indefinate amount of time.

Talatau Amone stood down. Then was allowed to play after his assault charge got moved to a local court.

I'm not sure if there are any more, but from what I can see none of the players have been found guilty (yet).
Issue will be this case may not be resolved to November depending on what happens on wednesday which will mean he won't play again this year if he is stood down

emjaycee

Coach

Issue will be this case may not be resolved to November depending on what happens on wednesday which will mean he won't play again this year if he is stood down

There appears to be a different level of severity in the charges between what Drown has been charged with and what those listed and stood down were charged with.

Walker - assault (DV related)
Kamikamica - assault occasioning bodily harm
Amone - causing reckless grievous bodily harm
Leilua - common assault and damaging or destroying property (DV related)
Robati - sexual assault
Brown - sexual touching