What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

I just wonder why a top performing club would see the need to do give a player like Grant the ability to walk out on his contract early.
If we take our resident forum clown seriously, apparently it's due to some vague unquantifiable notion to do with saving an intangible amount of money form the future salary cap - which can't be allocated elsewhere in the meantime anyway...

EelEtric

Juniors
If we take our resident forum clown seriously, apparently it's due to some vague unquantifiable notion to do with saving an intangible amount of money form the future salary cap - which can't be allocated elsewhere in the meantime anyway...
So you have no real idea why Melbourne or us would offer a PO either then?
Cool.

JokerEel

Coach
Right so it seems you (and no one else) actually don't have a serious answer to why we (and Melbourne) offered PO's to key players.

No I answered it

Grant is no chance of ever leaving the Storm where Moses and Brown are going to make a mockery of the PO when it comes up.

See when you are a successful club and trust the player and manager won't be complete ass holes you can hand out POs like lollies but in our case they are going to take us for a ride.

JokerEel

Coach
for how long ? Next year ?

I doubt Sanders and/or Talagi would have waited another 2 years to get an NRL gig and it would have been too early to pension off Moses and/or Dylbro anyway

I'm not a fan of POs but in this case, I don't think it would have prevented either of those 2 from leaving to play in the halves elsewhere and neither is good enough to force their way in and push our current 2 halves into playing Cup

Sanders has signed for the raiders behind their established Halfback.
Only thing stopping him staying here was a long contract to the current halves.
Watch Moses and Brown skip town in 26...

Blaize isn't going to half it all his way at Penrith either Cole Laurie Talagi even will be battling him for the other 5/8 spot... Talau will be battling to stay at backup hooker with Scott resigning for another 4 seasons..

Btw how does Penrith resign an under 19s hooker for 4 more years when he is behind 2-3 other hookers................................

Latest posts