What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Reduced contract values are the only possible reason clubs agree to them. Unless you have an alternative explanation.
Don't mind me, just asking your evidence or source for your claim.
Forget about the Eels for a second. You people are far too emotional to consider the club rationally. You’ve repeatedly asserted that POs are poor business. Why would ANY OTHER NRL CLUB agree to a player option?
I have forgotten about the Eels, and am not emotional in the slightest.

I still contend (personal opinion) that the benefits to a club of giving out player options do not outweigh the problems they cause.

Legal Eel

Juniors
You’ll never understand the game if you only examine the Eels.
It’s pretty simple really - player options haven’t worked for us.

regardless of whether they work for other clubs or who else does them, they have proved problematic for us and have f**ked our cap, so we need to avoid them.

as a parallel, cheating the cap allowed the dogs and storm each to build squads that they could retain to win a comp within two years - we only built a squad that won spoons! For that reason cheating wasn’t beneficial to us and couldn’t be repeated, regardless of the success others experienced.

plain and simple, it has f**ked our cap so it has not been a successful strategy FOR PARRAMATTA

cue the Pou trolling logic, the Gronk stupidity and emjaycees blind defence…

JokerEel

Coach
Also has Moses and Brown accepted their PO for 26 yet or are they going to wait as long as they can in 2025 to either accept them or not.. dragging it out causing the season to be derailed.

Would be a shame if they waited till May then decided against it..

Give the club 6-7 months before the pre season to get replacements.. How awesome 👍

Avenger

Immortal
It’s not that I’m smart, it’s the rest of you that are dumdums. Parroting Phil Gould talking points as though he doesn’t have an agenda, or lapping up Gallen’s rants like he’s some rugby league genius.
I picked the eventual 14th immortal. I demand some respect.