What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels move two games to Telstra Stadium

B-Tron 3000 said:
Right, you and Colonel make some valid points, and I'm not going to argue them all, I still don't like the move, but it is this point that once again proves that we've been treated like fools.

Why the "Telstra is 4 times bigger than Parra...." crap. Everyone knows we aren't going to go anywhere near the capacity. It was nonsense used to try and fool us into thinking it wasn't all about corporates.

But How many times did we get the Sold out Press Release? That is more important.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
MarkInTheStands said:
I am pretty sure they have said Comparable Seats, so that means, if you have seats on the half way line, You are going to get seats on the half way line.

I am also Pretty sure they have said they will accommodate the Season Ticket Holders, which to my mind would mean, No extra Charge. If there is a charge, then I would expect the refunds to be applicable for those games.

That was my only issue. I will have trouble getting to certain games next year but the round 1 game should be no issue as long as it isn't Monday Night. If I can get my seat 14 rows back on the 30m line, I am happy. I just doubted that they would do it that way.

Natalie's Daddy said:
That was my only issue. I will have trouble getting to certain games next year but the round 1 game should be no issue as long as it isn't Monday Night. If I can get my seat 14 rows back on the 30m line, I am happy. I just doubted that they would do it that way.

It might be more that 14 Rows Back unless you are counting the Lower section of the Cronin Stand as well. I though it went to Row S?

Natalie's Daddy said:
It was the way it was done. We knew about the NZ game and we weren't already paying for it. Now we have had an increase in the fee and are paying for two games when we don't know whether we will get good seats or not. And we still don't know if we will have to fork out extra.

FYI, the FAQ on the Parraeels.com.au website

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1664.asp

Parraeels.com.au said:
PARRAMATTA EELS HOME GAMES AT TELSTRA STADIUM FAQ
19 October 2007

SEASON TICKET HOLDER INFORMATION
Will my Season Tickets be transferrable to Telstra Stadium?
Yes, all Season Tickets will be transferred to similarly prioritised seating areas at Telstra Stadium. Lengthy consideration has been given to ensuring Season Ticket Holders are not disadvantaged by the move. Further details will be in the December newsletter including provisions for those requiring special consideration (wheelchair access etc).

Is there any additional cost involved for the games held at Telstra Stadium for Season Ticket Holders?
No, the cost of your 2008 Season Ticket includes entry to these games at Telstra Stadium.

Are there any additional benefits to Season Ticket Holders?
Yes, we are in the process of finalising the added benefit of heavily reduced ticket prices for Parramatta Eels away games played at Telstra Stadium. Further details will be in the December newsletter.

GENERAL INFORMATION
Why is the Club taking the games to Telstra?
It is a great opportunity to play at a truly international venue that can cater for many more Eels supporters. It ensures two blockbuster home games at a first class venue.

Also on the Padantic Side. It States here it is better for Eels Supporters. That Means Fans and Corporates alike, surely.

Plus for the Tigers, Dragons, Rabbitohs and Souths, we get discounted tickets because we all play at Telstra, even if it is part time.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
MarkInTheStands said:
FYI, the FAQ on the Parraeels.com.au website

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1664.asp

Also on the Padantic Side. It States here it is better for Eels Supporters. That Means Fans and Corporates alike, surely.

Plus for the Tigers, Dragons, Rabbitohs and Souths, we get discounted tickets because we all play at Telstra, even if it is part time.

That is actually sounding like a bit of a plus. I may miss some Parra Stadium games but it also may mean I can get to more away games, if the price and timing is right. I still hope that this is only a temporary thing and want to retain Parramatta Stadium as the primary venue for my own sake and for the sake of the game, which I think needs the strong suburban ground image.

Natalie's Daddy said:
That is actually sounding like a bit of a plus. I may miss some Parra Stadium games but it also may mean I can get to more away games, if the price and timing is right. I still hope that this is only a temporary thing and want to retain Parramatta Stadium as the primary venue for my own sake and for the sake of the game, which I think needs the strong suburban ground image.

I think that will depend more on the State Government and its managment of the Parramatta Stadium Venue rather than the Eels.

MarkInTheStands said:
But Nikki, that makes so many assumptions. You are assuming, we knew we would have to go to Telstra when the STH booklet was sent out. The Last annual Reports were sent out last year. You then also assume that we knew exactly how this year would effect us. Now Denis is good, but forcasting that, nah I think you are over estimating.

And I also Knew that I was making assumptions, but suffice to say I had a chat to some people and found out that the above is pretty much true, this is a very new thing on Boards Radar. So much so we might have had a slightly better managed version of the St George affair with Telstra.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
MarkInTheStands said:
It might be more that 14 Rows Back unless you are counting the Lower section of the Cronin Stand as well. I though it went to Row S?

I sit in the Western Terrace. Row M, that is 14 rows back.

Nikki

Coach
sportive cupid said:
Sorry ,I can't see why someone who has no problem with home games going to NZ has a problem with going up the road for a home game. I see the arguments you used such as having a sizable fan base there BUT how then doesn't this also apply to the fan base in the Homebush area.(there are Parra fans everywhere-many who find it easier to access Telstra).

Coz its cheaper to buy a bus ticket from Homebush than from NZ. My whole point about the NZ thing that yes, while we have earnt money from it, it has also been done to promote the game and team to regions who dont often get to see football. Now I know there are also country NSW regions that would probably also benefit, but we try and accomodate them with Trials etc. The Telstra move is a back pocket move and thats all. Ka-Ching!

At the end of the day, as I mentioned earlier, if this money is going towards the redevelopment of Parra Stadium (which I dont think anyone has been able to confirm or deny yet) then its a neccesary evil. BUT, it should have been affective as of 2009 so that all relevant paper work etc could be passed along to the paying customers.

Nikki said:
Coz its cheaper to buy a bus ticket from Homebush than from NZ. My whole point about the NZ thing that yes, while we have earnt money from it, it has also been done to promote the game and team to regions who dont often get to see football. Now I know there are also country NSW regions that would probably also benefit, but we try and accomodate them with Trials etc. The Telstra move is a back pocket move and thats all. Ka-Ching!

At the end of the day, as I mentioned earlier, if this money is going towards the redevelopment of Parra Stadium (which I dont think anyone has been able to confirm or deny yet) then its a neccesary evil. BUT, it should have been affective as of 2009 so that all relevant paper work etc could be passed along to the paying customers.

No the Money is going to the PNRLC. The Money to Re-Develop the Parra Stadium comes from the State, and hopefully Federal Government. Parramatta also Pay to Play at the venue, so we pay for it by Hiring the stadium.

Natalie's Daddy said:
I sit in the Western Terrace. Row M, that is 14 rows back.

Then you should be right, and those in the Thornett should be behind those seats depending on where the Terrace ends and the Stand ends in terms of Rows.

sportive cupid

Referee
MarkInTheStands said:
No the Money is going to the PNRLC. The Money to Re-Develop the Parra Stadium comes from the State, and hopefully Federal Government. Parramatta also Pay to Play at the venue, so we pay for it by Hiring the stadium.
So am I right in understanding from what you say Mits that the NRL club pay to play at Parra Stadium?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:? Hmm.... reduced price tickets at TS away games? That sucks - we get them free at BUL/WES/SOU/STG.

scottyeel

Bench
I have no problem with Telstra Stadium I enjoy going there.
The main problem with this is the lack of communication with the STH.

sportive cupid said:
So am I right in understanding from what you say Mits that the NRL club pay to play at Parra Stadium?

That is Correct.

While Clubs like The Bulldogs and Souths and the Broncos get Paid to play at their home grounds, The Tigers get a Fraction and the Dragons get Half of what the Bulldogs and Bunnies get.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tigers only play 4 at Telstra and still get those benefits tbh

carson

Juniors
Timmah said:
:? Hmm.... reduced price tickets at TS away games? That sucks - we get them free at BUL/WES/SOU/STG.

Only at the bulldogs is the five finger discount considered an official concession.

We prefer to pay our way.