What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T-Boon

Coach
I would contact Slater and offer him big dollars and tell him he can stay on with nine as well - he likely wants a bigger job though like Brisbane, Melbourne or Rooters.
What about Cronk as a coach. f**k I just vomited saying that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Imagine if it happened though? Probably be an example of the board having more info than all of us and being justified in backing their choice. A bit like they were over the last decade in persevering with BA. And also in f**king him off today.
They definitely have more info than nuffies like you and me.
By the way, BA’s not gonna suck your cock, bro, you don’t need to keep licking his taint. Get with the program, mate.

T-Boon

Coach
They always do.
What do you think about Sterlo as interim coach?
Go interim co coaches with Sterlo and Barrett (noting that Barrett has already been given the interim job).
Tell Sterlo he can be head of footy next year if things don’t pan out as co interim head.

DaveMc

Juniors
What do you think about Sterlo as interim coach?
Go interim co coaches with Sterlo and Barrett (noting that Barrett has already been given the interim job).
Tell Sterlo he can be head of footy next year if things don’t pan out as co interim head.
I would bet my balls that Sterlo has as close as possible to zero interest in any sort of rugby league role again, much less one that relies on competitiveness and the is subject of spotlight and criticism. Better chance of bringing back Ron Hilditch as head coach than Sterlo taking a role in the club, I would bet.

T-Boon

Coach
I would bet my balls that Sterlo has as close as possible to zero interest in any sort of rugby league role again, much less one that relies on competitiveness and the is subject of spotlight and criticism. Better chance of bringing back Ron Hilditch as head coach than Sterlo taking a role in the club, I would bet.
Why would we want ron hilditch. He was already a failure as a coach. That’s a horrible idea. Go to bed. My idea is get on the phone to Sterlo. Put a fire in his 63 year old belly. Tell him “Mitch Moses is back, there’s nothing to lose, get your big chrome dome up here and show us what you’ve got”.

Last edited:

DaveMc

Juniors
Why would we want roh hilditch. He was already a failure as a coach. That’s a horrible idea. Go to bed. My idea is get on the phone to Sterlo. Put a fire in his 63 year old belly. Tell him “Mitch Moses is back, there’s nothing to lose, get your big chrome dome up here and show us what you’ve got”.
You’re right, it’s a foolproof plan. If we don’t hand the keys to Sterlo for the next decade we might as well fold the club.

T-Boon

Coach
You’re right, it’s a foolproof plan. If we don’t hand the keys to Sterlo for the next decade we might as well fold the club.
It’s not a “foolproof plan” - but it’s a damn good one.
Much better than your Ron Hilditch plan. Or the Barrett waste of time.

DaveMc

Juniors
It’s not a “foolproof plan” - but it’s a damn good one.
Much better than your Ron Hilditch plan. Or the Barrett waste of time.
Wait, are you serious about Sterlo? We’re not just playing silly buggers here?

oh my lord less than 24 hours since the news broke and this thread is up to 45 pages already lol
we HAVE to get this right if the board's grand plan to snag bennett fails then we cannot go through another rookie coach merry-go-round for the next ten years

Thinking about it I think Benny may have come on board.

What's the point of sacking BA now if we didn't have someone else lined up for next year. BA was the coach in 2025. If they waited till the end of the season the team may have improved enough for the club to have to keep him.

Benny also hasn't signed with South's even though they have been talking about it for a few weeks now...
i agree, souths and bennett can say whatever they like it all means nothing until there's ink on paper
if the deal is done why hasn't it been signed?