What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Ryles

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Morris

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Cheika

Votes: 33 39.8%

• Total voters

Gazzamatta

Coach
Im still backing Holbrook but I trust the process. Fingers crossed we get the right person. Its so fu*king exciting though.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Im still backing Holbrook but I trust the process. Fingers crossed we get the right person. Its so fu*king exciting though.
As long as the process doesn't take 2 months.

I'll give them to Mid-june to make the call.

If they still haven't made a decision in about 4 weeks it's looks like we still either have no idea who we want or are 2nd guessing who to appoint.

eels_fan

First Grade
My guess is a decision will be made after origin 1. They’ll want to interview Maguire who has understandably said that won’t happen in the lead up to game 1

The Predictor

Juniors
I think 1 advantage for mine Hannay has over Ryles is that Hannay has already been in the hot seat on 2 different occasions in a caretaker role including the Sharks one was basically a full season Morris was punted in round 5.

Yes it was a caretaker role but it's added extras that as an assistant coach you don't realise you have to juggle being the main man.

For example fronting the media before and after every game. Having to manage egos and players mentally keeping then in right frame of mind.

It's alright being the nice cop as the assistant when your everyone's best buddy but when you leading the ship sometimes tough conversations have had to be had. Even in a temporary or interim role.

And I am sure Hannay would have had to drop players and have those discussions throughout the season where he may have learnt more from dealing with those situations now then when he did them as a caretaker.
Hannay had a pretty poor record in the Queensland comps, though in fairness was 10 years ago……Cheika or Holbrook for me

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So what? 2018 he took them to a spoon. If they wanted Wayne they had to strike early
2022 was a lot more recent than 2018. Why would they think they needed a new coach after one bad season? Bennett's team went worse than Arthur's last year. His last premiership was before Arthur started coaching.

King-Gutho94

Coach
My guess is a decision will be made after origin 1. They’ll want to interview Maguire who has understandably said that won’t happen in the lead up to game 1
Madge will be as popular as Freddy if he signs any contract with Parramatta during the duration origin series or even interviews with us.

Isn't his main job getting the shield back for NSW.

It will be a circus if he is seen talking with Parra at any period during the next 8 weeks and NSW lose that his mind wasn't on the job. His reputation will take more of a hit no matter how professional he may been.

I just cant see it and don't really want it to happen.

eels_fan

First Grade
I don’t think there’d be any issue a couple of days after origin 1. That’s still 2 weeks from origin 2 teams being picked. He’s allowed a life

King-Gutho94

Coach
I reckon MA will leave based on his last comment)
Well thanks to our quick thinking R&R committee MA is already locked away until 2026 and Sarantinos said no one has a coach clause in there contract.

So Boods is going nowhere until 2027 at the earliest and by then we would have a better idea on how good he may or may not be to judge his ability and weather he is worth persisting with.

The new coach will get 12 months as well to see what he has to offer and build a relationship with.

Latest posts