What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

King-Gutho94

Coach
What is Madge’s win loss record as a coach (first grade and rep level) in the last decade?

Edit: Won 72 Lost 100,
42%
Gets a boost by coaching against the likes of Jamaica, Ireland, Fiji, Lebanon in those stats.

It's better to gauge Madge's rep record for NZ against Australia and England.

His club record is 60 wins from 153 games at 39% and Zero finals wins. Hasn't made the finals in his past 6 seasons as coach.

King-Gutho94

Coach
After last night Hannay and Cheika went further in front in my eyes.
There stocks would be like watching that superannuation escalator ads.

Hannay & Cheika are going up the escalators as there price goes up and Madge is coming down despite losing his money screaming were always in the f**king game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say after seeing Billy Slaters masterclasses I really want a coach that offers more than “RUN HARD AND TACKLE HARD”. I really hope we get a coach who understands tactics and is adaptable.

I heard an interview with a Maroon player a while back, Billy's attention to detail is second to none, "you know what is going to happen before you take the field" or similar words, his players are just so well prepared

no doubt some of that will rub off on Josh Hannay

lucablight

First Grade
I heard an interview with a Maroon player a while back, Billy's attention to detail is second to none, "you know what is going to happen before you take the field" or similar words, his players are just so well prepared

Well evidently Billy knew Walsh was going to get injured hence picking Cobbo on the bench.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Billy has actually said Hannay has been the key driver & support with the prep for the past 3 years with QLD with Hannay being in clubland while Billy isnt.

84 Baby

Referee
You’d think the board would call Billy Slater and get a direct reference for Hannay. He’s my pick.
And while I’ve got you Billy, you wouldn’t happen to be looking for some part time work between Origin periods? I’m sure Josh would appreciate some extra help coaching

chiefy1

Bench
Billy has actually said Hannay has been the key driver & support with the prep for the past 3 years with QLD with Hannay being in clubland while Billy isnt.

Yep, I heard Billy gave Hannay top marks for ordering his cappuccinos & peanut butter ham sandwiches 🥪 😋

Latest posts