What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Ryles

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters

Avenger

Immortal
Some updates:

Trent Barrett is being interviewed on Wednesday. Cheika later in the week. Holbrook wants the job but HAS NOT been approached. Demetriou however has been interviewed. Mark O'Neill is part of the process and still yields plenty of power (This made me angry). The Payten rumour has legs and there is genuine interest. It's still however between Ryles and Hannay. Ryles will bring his own staff whilst Hannay may keep some existing staff. Barrett will not work under Ryles but will under Hannay.

My source is credible and is close to one of the candidates.

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Some updates:

Trent Barrett is being interviewed on Wednesday. Cheika later in the week. Holbrook wants the job but HAS NOT been approached. Demetriou however has been interviewed. Mark O'Neill is part of the process and still yields plenty of power (This made me angry). The Payten rumour has legs and there is genuine interest. It's still however between Ryles and Hannay. Ryles will bring his own staff whilst Hannay may keep some existing staff. Barrett will not work under Ryles but will under Hannay.

My source is credible and is close to one of the candidates.
Do you have an idea when a decision will be made.

I find it ridiculous it's been 5 weeks now and we are still yet to interview potential candidates.

We are moving slower then a Maika Sivo turning circle.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do you have an idea when a decision will be made.

I find it ridiculous it's been 5 weeks now and we are still yet to interview potential candidates.

We are moving slower then a Maika Sivo turning circle.
Are you surprised?? I can’t believe that dipshit MON is still at the club let alone making major decisions going forward.

Sacking Bea Arthur won’t make a lick of difference if the same idiots are involved in putting us in this situation.

Delboy

First Grade
It’s strange that someone with a less than stellar performance as a HOF is included in the decisions. Someone may know more than me, but I believe he is not popular at all or perhaps held in high opinion by the playing group or player managers. Interesting that McElduff and Sarentinos deferred some weight to his opinion,

Gazzamatta

Coach
Are you surprised?? I can’t believe that dipshit MON is still at the club let alone making major decisions going forward.

Sacking Bea Arthur won’t make a lick of difference if the same idiots are involved in putting us in this situation.
I understand your concern but the first domino has fallen and thats huge. I cant believe any of our hierarchy are happy with the status quo.
Did anyone see the crowd figure last Saturday night? I dont think it was even announced at the ground. It was pretty disappointing. Again the opposition, Roosters supporters were significantly louder than Eels supporters.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I understand your concern but the first domino has fallen and thats huge. I cant believe any of our hierarchy are happy with the status quo.
Did anyone see the crowd figure last Saturday night? I dont think it was even announced at the ground. It was pretty disappointing. Again the opposition, Roosters supporters were significantly louder than Eels supporters.
I think they may have finally broken the fanbase. After 38 years you can’t blame anyone.

MikePatton

Juniors
Holbrook Opens Up On Desires To Coach Again And “Very Attractive” Parramatta Role

Sydney Roosters assistant Justin Holbrook has admitted he still has the hunger to be a head coach in the NRL once again as the vacant Parramatta Eels role becomes a viable option.

The former Titans coach only rejoined the club he used to play for at the start of the year but has already begun to have his name linked to a handful of possible openings in the NRL.

Holbrook has only coached the Titans and St Helens in Super League for a combined 168 games but with a 60 per cent win rate, his name has now been thrown into contention for the Eels role.

With the Roosters boasting one of the best NRL coaching production lines in recent history, Holbrook could be next to revive his career with the Tricolours.

“I want to be a head coach again definitely, I don’t have any doubts about that,” Holbrook told SEN 1170 Afternoons.

“As for the timing of it, that’s probably the tricky one, I’m enjoying my time back here at the Roosters, I really am I like all the staff and I love the playing group, that’s the hardest one for me.

“Parramatta are a great club and they’ve got a very good roster as we witnessed first-hand on Saturday night, their halves are as good as any in the comp and their spine for that matter, they’ve got a great nursery for rugby league.

“It’s very attractive for any coach, whether you’re coaching a side at the moment in the NRL or you’re not coaching, they’re definitely a great club with a great history.

“But the timing is the tricky part from my end.”

Holbrook opened up on his short stint with the club in his early days of coaching and spoke glowing of Parramatta’s junior resources.

“I did (coach the under 20s) that was before I came over to the Roosters as an assistant,” Holbrook added.

“I had a great year out there, (I) really enjoyed it, great nursery for rugby league.”

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The first domino was obvious, the second is seemingly wielding influence, strange as that should be .
You might be barking up the wrong tree blaming him for our current woes, especially if he was equally responsible for our strong squads between 2019 and 2022. If he's being cautious on the direction of his boss then why shouldn't he have influence?

Avenger

Immortal
@Poupou Escobar pick a coach with all the info that we plebs have at our disposal. I’ll even take 2 choices. Give me some reasoning too.

Thanks in advance,

from your Bitcoin Buddy.