What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.2%

• Total voters

Chipmunk

Coach
I think whoever gets the gig should make a statement to put everyone else on notice.

Inform one of the two captains that they've played their last NRL game for the club. I'd make it Paulo. I'd tell him if he chooses to stay he will play NSW Cup only

I'd also make Moses captain, and built everything around him

Tell both Gutho and Paulo, t's not personal, but sometimes decisions need to be made for the long term benefit of the team.

This would start a cultural change. This joint needs a shake up.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Our main issues for mine appear to be all about mentality and attitude.

I can sort of understand it at present because they were close to the previous coach, and quite frankly at the moment they appear they just can't be arsed to do the tough stuff...but we've always had a piss poor attitude and soft as f**k mentality.

Whoever the new oach is, I'd be engaging a full time sports psychologist as a key part of the coaching staff.
We could move Shaun Lane into that role.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I still think it's a lot to do with mentality and attitude.

I'd definitely be doing what the Storm does every pre-season by sending the entire team to the army camp. 20 odd years and never had a losing season, quite often with half a squad of limited talented individuals, it obviously hasn't done them any harm.

Those who are mentally piss weak to handle it can go and meet the Ron Massey Cup Coach until they find a new club.
Don't be ridiculous, moving a rope and stealing a bag where it's at!!

I still think it's a lot to do with mentality and attitude.

I'd definitely be doing what the Storm does every pre-season by sending the entire team to the army camp. 20 odd years and never had a losing season, quite often with half a squad of limited talented individuals, it obviously hasn't done them any harm.

Those who are mentally piss weak to handle it can go and meet the Ron Massey Cup Coach until they find a new club.
621ED24F-728F-4CF3-A256-43DC06CA553B.jpeg

JokerEel

Coach
We should also get Joey back as a halves/hooker coach fulltime.
Guy has no idea about anything else but god damn he can dissect a play....

Then we need a forwards coach like James Graham (wont be him as he is a doggie fan) but we need someone with passion..

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
We need a hard ass coach....simple

Ciraldo style, where the pussys run off crying and get weeded out from the players with balls.

The coaches we've had since Brian Smith have all been soft socks that are more concerned about being liked by the players, than instilling fear of failure......

Ricky Stuart was someone I was happy with cause he would have changed the culture in this club, but he obviously saw that the club was too rotten and rightfully got the f**k out.

JokerEel

Coach
We need a hard ass coach....simple

Ciraldo style, where the pussys run off crying and get weeded out from the players with balls.

The coaches we've had since Brian Smith have all been soft socks that are more concerned about being liked by the players, than instilling fear of failure......

Ricky Stuart was someone I was happy with cause he would have changed the culture in this club, but he obviously saw that the club was too rotten and rightfully got the f**k out.

100%

Ciraldo and his staff have touched up the soft cocks at the club or gotten rid of them..

Andrew Webster is a coach who seems like he wants to keep players happy instead of making them tough.. That's why they had the 1 season of good

chiefy1

Bench
November 1 send the whole club to the SAS / Army camp for a week..
Find out who is week mentally and physically..

Get in some f**king running coaches...

But people on here want a happy go lucky softly softly coach Joker eel.
They think we're going to a softball tournament.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd definitely be doing what the Storm does every pre-season by sending the entire team to the army camp. 20 odd years and never had a losing season, quite often with half a squad of limited talented individuals
Toiling is a talent in itself, and a valuable part of the game. Throw a few stars around these 'limited talented individuals' and it's a recipe for success. And the Storm have always had their share of genuine stars.

Avenger

Immortal
He's also the only merkin to coach Souths to a premiership since before Brad Arthur was born.
Are you having second thoughts Pou? I'm off Hannay. A man that doesn't look after his teeth cannot lead men. I'm thinking Ryles or even Madge and I think Madge is quite one dimensional like BA requiring a hip replacement.